The water you drink is fatal!

Scott M. Campbell

Aug 10, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/10/95

Most people think that the water they are drinking is safe,
clean, and healthy. They're wrong. Many people think that the Water
Treatment Centers are efficient and law-abiding. They're wrong. Many
people think that the water they are drinking doesn't kill people.
They're wrong.
In the past year, water treatment centers have averaged a total
of 250 Violations of the Clean Water Act. Water that sick patients flush
down the toilet or take a water in goes into those centers which are not
even designed to filter out most of the diseases that hospitals are
treating ... even if the treatment centers were doing their job to begin
with. The water that pours out of the treatment centers is foamy,
filthy, and not at all safe to drink.
Did you know that the amount of chlorine that our irresponsible
treatment centers are putting it to hide the junk in our water is cancer
causing to us, and that the leading cause of Child Death in this country
is attributed to Cancer, which is suspected to come mostly from the water
system? Did you know that taking a shower in that water is many times
more detrimental to your health than by drinking it? That's right
people. The chemicals that our government is putting in our water to
make it "safe" for us to drink is actually killing us.
So the answer would seem to clean up the Water Treatment
centers. But what about the water that just sits in your pipes. The
pipes corrode and bacteria grows in them. There has to be a way to get
water to be as clean as it's supposed to be for our bodies!!
And there is. There is a wonderful way to get water that is
clean ... free of chlorine ... free of germs, bacteria, and disease ...
free of chemicals. Pure ... like the way you want it. The way we're
supposed to be getting it. And it's not by going out and buying $1.25
bottles of water at the store. Their regulations are even less strict
then the ones placed upon normal Water Treatment Plants. There is a
cheap and efficient way to get pure water ... starting at about $0.01 per
gallon!
But I am not going to advertise here because people tend to
complain when an advertisement is posted, and this is not an
advertisement. But if you want to know more ... about the horrible
things that we are allowing to be done to our body ... EMail me back with
your request (<smc...@is.nyu.edu>). Water is just one part of this
horrible story of what the environment is today. And not just the
environment ... the environment that we put into our bodies. You think
we are living healthy just because we exercise, eat right, drink lots of
water, and breathe a lot of "fresh" air? Sorry ... you're wrong. Dead
wrong.

Jim Shaw

Aug 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/11/95
In article <40drim$f...@cmcl2.NYU.EDU>, smc...@is.nyu.edu (Scott M.
Campbell) wrote: <huge snip>

RE:The water you drink is fatal. I know this may come as a surprise to
you, but I drink water, and I read your stupid post, which proves that you
are wrong! Maybe you should have posted it somewhere more appropriate huh?
Suggestions deleted.... (:->)

Linda Cole

Aug 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/11/95
paranoid?

Nancy Mead

Aug 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/14/95

Maybe this is posted by someone trying to sell water filtration systems. They
figure that folks on this newsgroup are all health nuts who will buy anything
remotely related to good health. We do have a water filtration system, by
the way, but not because of ridiculous scare tactics like these.

Aijaz A. Ansari

Aug 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/14/95
In article <Jim_Shaw-110...@m21016.svl.trw.com>,

Jim Shaw <Jim_...@smtp.svl.trw.com> wrote:
>In article <40drim$f...@cmcl2.NYU.EDU>, smc...@is.nyu.edu (Scott M.
>Campbell) wrote: <huge snip>
>
>RE:The water you drink is fatal. I know this may come as a surprise to
>you, but I drink water, and I read your stupid post, which proves that you
>are wrong! Maybe you should have posted it somewhere more appropriate huh?
>Suggestions deleted.... (:->)

Yeah... I read a similar study:
A longitudinal study conclusively proved that 100% of the people who
have drunk water at least once in their lives have died or eventually
will.

The same goes for showering.

Scary stuff.

=@|||=======================|||@= || ||
||| Aijaz A. Ansari ||| http://www.ice.eecs.uic.edu/~ansari/

Susan Adams

Aug 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/14/95
In <cole.144-1...@slip2-7.acs.ohio-state.edu>, cole...@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu (Linda Cole) writes:
>paranoid?

Wait...let me guess....you own stock in a bottled water company???

Susan Adams
IBM Software Solutions, RTP NC
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed are strictly
my own

Linda Cole

Aug 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/14/95
In article <40nkdv$1c...@sernews.raleigh.ibm.com>, Susan...@vnet.ibm.com
(Susan Adams) wrote:

> In <cole.144-1...@slip2-7.acs.ohio-state.edu>, cole...@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu (Linda Cole) writes:
> >paranoid?
>
> Wait...let me guess....you own stock in a bottled water company???

quite the opposite. i am employed by the Columbus Division of Water. i
was asking the idiot..ahem...person who wrote the initial post if _he_ was
(is) paranoid.

linda

Kenneth Raich

Aug 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/14/95
Scott M. Campbell wrote:
> (snip>)

>There is a
>cheap and efficient way to get pure water ... starting at about $0.01
>per gallon!
> But I am not going to advertise here because people tend to
>complain when an advertisement is posted, and this is not an
>advertisement. But if you want to know more ... about the horrible
>things that we are allowing to be done to our body ... EMail me back
> with your request (<snip>)

Hmmmm.... Looks like an advertisement to me.

Scott, do you (by any chance) happen to have a financial interest in
this area?

Ken

Bazza

Aug 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/15/95
Oh geez, I've never flamed a supposedly 'serious' posting in the 2 years I've
been on the net, but I have to start somewhere.

Campbell) wrote:

> In the past year, water treatment centers have averaged a total
>of 250 Violations of the Clean Water Act. Water that sick patients flush
>down the toilet or take a water in goes into those centers which are not
>even designed to filter out most of the diseases that hospitals are
>treating ... even if the treatment centers were doing their job to begin
>with. The water that pours out of the treatment centers is foamy,
>filthy, and not at all safe to drink.

The above statement is about WASTEWATER treament plants, not water supply
treatment plants. Get a clue.

So what you're saying is that you want bacteria specific disinfection procedures
to be used at wastewater treatment plants. Ok, so for this bacteria then
we'll use chlorine, and for this one we'll use chlorine and how about chlorine
for this one. Get the picture, chlorine is an excellent multi-purpose
disinfectant.

And the misleading statement here is that you fail to mention that the "water

that pours out of the treatment centers is foamy, filthy, and not at all safe to

drink" gets pumped out to sea or is used for agricultural purposes. It very
rarely gets put back into the water supply system and when it does they're using
a whole different regulatory set-up.

> Did you know that the amount of chlorine that our irresponsible
>treatment centers are putting it to hide the junk in our water is cancer
>causing to us, and that the leading cause of Child Death in this country
>is attributed to Cancer, which is suspected to come mostly from the water
>system? Did you know that taking a shower in that water is many times
>more detrimental to your health than by drinking it? That's right
>people.

Chlorine does not "hide" anything. It is there as a disinfectant. It is there
to kill the three catagories of human enteric pathogens, namely bacteria,
viruses and amebic cysts.

And since when has the majority of incidence of childhood cancer been suspected
to come from the water supply system? Wasn't it only yesterday that we were
blaming the powerlines, and the radiation from our TV's and just about every
other unproven scapegoat around?

>The chemicals that our government is putting in our water to
>make it "safe" for us to drink is actually killing us.

If the chemicals they put in kill 1 in a million people, just remember that
the infant mortality rate in countries where they don't have treated water
supplies is around 1 in 1000.

Keep in mind that 99% of the improvement in the infant mortality rates in
western and developing countries over the last 150 years can be directly
attributed to the improvement in water treatment and supply. When was the
last time someone on your block last caught typhoid or cholera?

> So the answer would seem to clean up the Water Treatment
>centers. But what about the water that just sits in your pipes. The
>pipes corrode and bacteria grows in them. There has to be a way to get
>water to be as clean as it's supposed to be for our bodies!!

It'd be rare to find many pipes where the water 'just sits' there. Water
mains generally flow at a consistent rate, peaking in the morning and
afternoons. The main chance for bacteria to develop is when you go on holidays
and the water doesn't flow through the household plumbing for the time
that you are away. And everybody knows that you are meant to run your taps
for a few minutes when you get back from holidays to flush out the system.

As far as pipe corrosion is concerned, the vast majority of water mains pipes
are cement lined to prevent this. Any corrosion that occurs will occur in
your household pipes and this is the responsibility of the home owner, not
the government.

> And there is. There is a wonderful way to get water that is
>clean ... free of chlorine ... free of germs, bacteria, and disease ...
>free of chemicals. Pure ... like the way you want it. The way we're
>supposed to be getting it. And it's not by going out and buying $1.25
>bottles of water at the store. Their regulations are even less strict

>then the ones placed upon normal Water Treatment Plants. There is a

>cheap and efficient way to get pure water ... starting at about $0.01 per
>gallon!

The only possible way is to distil your water in sterilised equipment and drink
it from sterilized containers in a sterilised environment with a sterilised
mouth. THEN the water that hits your stomach may be pure. Maybe.

> But I am not going to advertise here because people tend to
>complain when an advertisement is posted, and this is not an
>advertisement. But if you want to know more ... about the horrible
>things that we are allowing to be done to our body ... EMail me back with

>your request (<smc...@is.nyu.edu>). Water is just one part of this
>horrible story of what the environment is today. And not just the
>environment ... the environment that we put into our bodies. You think
>we are living healthy just because we exercise, eat right, drink lots of
>water, and breathe a lot of "fresh" air? Sorry ... you're wrong. Dead
>wrong.

Gee, sure sounds like an advertisement. You provide a pile of drivilous,
sensationalised garbage and then expect people to take an action based upon
the information you have provided. That my friend, is an advertisement.

Just a point here. The poster seems to be making a big point of bacteria,
chemical free water. Since when do we need this? No natural water source in the
world can provide this. It will always be full of trace elements not to mention
the "don't drink the water, fish go to the bathroom in it" line.

And plenty of other things we ingest are bacteria laden. Bacteria doesn't have
to be a bad thing you know. Look at a yoghurt conatiner....

And to assume that drink purified, sterile water is a panacea for all our
problems raises the question of how will you replace the flouride which is
added to the water supply and is essential for the development of childrens
teeth....

Barry
Your resident m.f.a. Civil Engineer

sm84...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2020, 4:05:26 AM7/20/20
https://www.cannabisworldlifeconnect.com/product/cbd-hemp-salve-cibaderm/
CBD Hemp Salve Cibaderm
CBD Hemp Salve Cibaderm

CBD Hemp Salve Cibaderm ~ Nourish your skin and relieve the pain or itching with the beneficial Cibaderm Hemp Calm™ intensive moisturizing hemp salve with added CBD oil. The moisturizing hemp balm absorbs quickly into the skin and leaves no greasy residue.