Re: US officials say Beijing over the last two years has significantly ramped up its economic espionage.

Byker

Sep 8, 2020, 10:17:35 PM9/8/20
"spacer" wrote in message news:rj44ro$n3v$1...@dont-email.me...

> Indeed US accusations could not be verified and hence could not be
> rational discussion. US has been faking up unverifiable statements as a
> matter to bash China.

Here's an interesting documentary that keeps re-appearing
on YouTube no matter how many times it's yanked off the site
("Video Unavailable"): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mkxL4iqcAY

"If the French foreign intelligence collection service goes to a student and
says, 'While you're at Tufts University we want you to go over to some
laboratory and gather THIS, the student can say, 'I'm busy. It's gonna
interfere with my dissertation.'

"If the Chinese foreign intelligence service goes to a student and says,
'You want a visa? You want a passport? When you go to the United States or
France you WILL write a dissertation on this, you WILL work on this project,
and you WILL report back to us, or you'll never get a job in China and your
family will lose their house.' Now, they have the capacity to do that."

It's available in HD...

Phantom_View

Sep 8, 2020, 10:58:02 PM9/8/20
The concept of "choice" does not apply when totalitarian
governments are involved. You get exactly TWO "choices",
do exactly what they order you to do, or ELSE ... and that
likely includes your immediate family too.

What a shitty way to live.

One Kommela Harris badly wants to create HERE.

Mike Pompeii

Sep 9, 2020, 6:25:32 AM9/9/20

What do you think the CIA and NSA are doing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPt-zXn05ac

Phantom_View

Sep 9, 2020, 10:34:42 PM9/9/20
No idea ... that's the idea :-)

At least Clapper is not in charge anymore (though he still
thinks he is sometimes).

Anyway, as weird as the CIA can get, it is nothing of the
scope and scale of CCP spooks.

Byker

Sep 10, 2020, 12:37:54 PM9/10/20
"Phantom_View" wrote in message

> The concept of "choice" does not apply when totalitarian
> governments are involved. You get exactly TWO "choices",
> do exactly what they order you to do, or ELSE ... and that
> likely includes your immediate family too.
>
> What a shitty way to live.
>
> One Kommela Harris badly wants to create HERE.

I wonder how many Chinese "students", angered by Bejing's threats against
them and their families, have "flipped" and have become double agents for
the NSA, CIA, and FBI, reporting to Washington what's REALLY going on behind
the Bamboo Curtain, and at the same time feeding their handlers back home
false and misleading, but believable, "intelligence"...