You'll never pay off that student loan, sweetie

1 view

Byker

Dec 9, 2020, 5:57:31 PM12/9/20
"Millions of student loan borrowers will have to make payments again soon":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5UWrvAz0HQ

College has to be the biggest scam of the modern era.

In the 1970s I paid $6.25 per semester-hour for Freshman-level courses,
ending with Senior-level courses for $12.50 per semester-hour, with my books
costing not much more, all covered by the G.I. Bill. When I graduated I
didn't owe a cent.

I am SO glad I got that out of the way forty years ago...

B1ackwater

Dec 9, 2020, 10:23:17 PM12/9/20
The people who made the A-bomb, who put people
on the moon, who built the computers that made
the moon possible, who built the X-planes and
spacecraft ........ they somehow managed to get a
really top-rate education WITHOUT going into
permanent debt. Their colleges had top profs and
state-of-the-art equipment (or built it themselves),
all without extortionistic tuition.

College today .... "scam" is the wrong word. Put the
word "criminal" in front of however you describe things.
Where the hell is all that money going ??? Try to find
out and you will be thwarted and misdirected and
force-fed bullshit and inflated figures.

MY guess, many colleges are sham businesses that
fund rad-leftist financiers and militants and every enemy
of America they can find in the world. They may also be
a sort of money-laundering device for corrupt business
and political people. Their staff sure as hell aren't seeing
much of it, so WHERE is it all going ?

In the 50s and 60s and to a fair degree in the 70s you
could actually work your way through college. You
could earn enough from crappy after-school jobs to
cover your tuition payments and have some left over
for beer.