George Carlin must've been clairvoyant

Byker

Oct 10, 2020, 6:28:01 PM10/10/20
His "job hunting" routine now seems to be the norm among Generation Z:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PExMcfis6w

Byker

Oct 10, 2020, 7:40:41 PM10/10/20
wrote in message

On Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 5:28:02 PM UTC-5, Byker wrote:
>> His "job hunting" routine now seems to be the norm among Generation Z:
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PExMcfis6w
>
> George Carlin would consider you to be a ****ing moron.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4ovtNdvLjM

George Carlin was the best bullshit detector on the planet.
How right he was: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AB9LZiOh1I

How true: https://tinyurl.com/nfvypfg

Frank Zappa was a close second. The lyrics to Zappa's songs are more
relevant today than they were fifty years ago:

Mr. America, walk on by your schools that do not teach
Mr. America, walk on by the minds that won't be reached
Mr. America try to hide the emptiness that's you inside
But once you find that the way you lied
And all the corny tricks you tried
Will not forestall the rising tide of HUNGRY FREAKS DADDY!

Mr. America, walk on by your supermarket dream
Mr. America, walk on by the liquor store supreme
Mr. America try to hide the product of your savage pride
The useful minds that it denied
The day you shrugged and stepped aside
You saw their clothes, and then you cried,
"Those HUNGRY FREAKS, DADDY!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDE9MC3jnl0

Phantom_View

Oct 10, 2020, 9:52:33 PM10/10/20
Carlin & Zappa ... how we need them now !

Find Zappa's "Trouble Every Day" .... sounds like the nightly
news from Portland and NYC ............ I think it inspired Henley's
"Dirty Laundry" a decade+ later.

Mitchell Holman

Oct 10, 2020, 10:53:31 PM10/10/20
Phantom_View <p...@PhantomView114.net> wrote in
"I'm not black, but there are a whole lot
of times I wish I could say I'm not white".
Frank Zappa.

Byker

Oct 11, 2020, 12:52:37 PM10/11/20
"Dhu on Gate" wrote in message news:rlvbi9$4nf$3...@dont-email.me...

> WTF is with this Black and White shit anyways?
>
> People come in all kinds of colors, from purple thru hot pink.
>
> But black or white? Naaaa.

Then why do skin-lightening creams sell so terrifically among dark-skinned
people?

For a real eye-opening experience, go to your local library and see if you
can find a book entitled "The Color Complex" by Kathy Russell, et al. Amazon
lists it too, and it offers a shockingly frank look at the obsession blacks
have with skin shade (it's authored by three people: A black man, a black
woman, and a White woman): http://tinyurl.com/heddxak

Check out the readers' comments too ("'Dirty Laundry' is Stinkin' up the
House"). Das right, bro: Jigs judge each other by skin color first, not by
any "content of character".

This is the "dirty laundry" that blacks don't like to air in front of White
folks: Their obsession with skin shade. Blacks have this "color complex,"
where they deride each other as "tar babies," "high yellahs," "redbones,"
and "snow queens." In addition to the "bag test" (skin lighter than a paper
bag), there was also the "ruler test" (hair had to be as straight as a
ruler). When Clarence Thomas -- as dark-skinned and nappy-haired as any
African -- was appointed to the Supreme Court, his lighter-skinned former
neighbors in his childhood home town were not amused...

Dhu on Gate

Oct 11, 2020, 5:27:21 PM10/11/20
On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 11:52:30 -0500, Byker wrote:

> "Dhu on Gate" wrote in message news:rlvbi9$4nf$3...@dont-email.me...
>>
>> WTF is with this Black and White shit anyways?
>>
>> People come in all kinds of colors, from purple thru hot pink.
>>
>> But black or white? Naaaa.
>
> Then why do skin-lightening creams sell so terrifically among dark-skinned
> people?

Because they want to look beige not white and straight zinc hasn't got that effect.
Fact is that +really+ dark skinned people look *purple* to me.

Dhu