Re: Wonders of US+ Afghanistan [rfi.fr]

Byker

Sep 15, 2021, 3:02:44 PM9/15/21
https://www.rfi.fr/en/12m-seized-from-ex-officials-as-cash-crunch-hits-afghanistan
> $12m seized from ex-officials as cash crunch hits Afghanistan
> Issued on: 15/09/2021 - 15:28 Modified: 15/09/2021 - 15:26
>
> […] A foreign exchange crunch in the aid-dependent country threatens
> the Taliban's rule *one month* after they seized power.
> Most government employees have yet to return to work -- and in
> many cases salaries had already not been paid for *months* -- leaving
> millions scrambling to make ends meet. […]

To learn anything in school other than the Koran would be blasphemous...

Byker

Sep 15, 2021, 5:50:36 PM9/15/21
"A. Filip" wrote in message news:anfi+wktpl...@wp.eu...

"Byker" <byker@do~rag.net> wrote:

>> To learn anything in school other than the Koran would be blasphemous...
>
> To (partially) shift the blame from Taliban is honest, stupid or
> Machiavellian. Which option do you choose?
>
> IMHO _So far_ Taliban in power seem to be better than _the worst_ fears
> but worse than (unreasonable) hopes.

ISIS
Hamas
Taliban
Al-Qaeda
Hezbollah

They're all death-to-the-great-Satan asslifters,
worthy only of extermination...

Byker

Sep 15, 2021, 8:10:42 PM9/15/21

.
> Do you expect love for US support of bloody regimes in Egypt and Saudi
> Kingdom "freedoms"? I do not.

But for the oil, the Saudis would still be killing each other over
waterholes.

Centuries ago Muslim civilizations gave us Samarkand, Damascus, Cordoba,
etc., but the Saudis contributed NOTHING. They are the "hicks" of the
Islamic world. As for the rest of the Islam, take away the oil and you have
societies that the rest of the world would pay about as much attention
to as they would sub-Saharan Africa. Although we owe much to Islam handing
on to the West many of the treasures of Greek thought, the beginnings of
calculus, Aristotelian thought during the period known in the West as the
Dark Ages, it is sad to relate that no great inventions have come for many
hundreds of years from Muslim countries. Then there is a the glaring absence
of democracy in Islamic societies. Admit it: The Arabs contributed little of
major significance to world culture for centuries. And guess what, people?
It's the TRUTH...