UoPeople reviews review University of the People

Tim Andrews

Nov 2, 2023, 12:52:40 PM11/2/23
Does anyone know the University of the People? I came across their
uopeople .edu website but the name sounds fishy 🤔 and I see too many
fake reviews saying it is the best university in the world.

Jo Usenet

Nov 2, 2023, 1:05:21 PM11/2/23
I asked a similar question on soc.college and I got these answers:

From: Nick Stone

"University of the People"? Is this a joke? I wonder if the dude who came up with the name "University of the People" actually expected to be taken seriously.
No wonder the website you mentioned [ https://www.uopeople.reviews ] is mocking them. And, I must say, it makes many valid points, which the "university" refuses to address. Basically, they react by just writing zillions of fake reviews: you can easily recognize them because the whole mantra is that "UoPeople is the best university in the world".

From: Victor Garcia

Yep, there's nothing new though. Diploma mills have always been one of the severest plagues of the Internet. This "University of the People" is just a slightly more sophisticated version.