By the way...

Jon Houts

Feb 17, 2002, 6:48:22 PM2/17/02

Enjoy what remains of the holiday weekend!

Wayne

Feb 17, 2002, 7:37:44 PM2/17/02
On Sun, 17 Feb 2002 17:48:22 -0600, Jon Houts <hou...@tcfreenet.org>
wrote:

>Enjoy what remains of the holiday weekend!

Yes, happy President's Day everyone!
I knew I could count on you Jon.

Wayne

schisslerATenterDOTnet
We probably wouldn't worry about what people think of
us if we could know how seldom they do. --Olin Miller

Dinky

Feb 17, 2002, 8:08:56 PM2/17/02
Everybody have a happy President!

Jon Houts

Feb 18, 2002, 5:26:01 PM2/18/02

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Wayne wrote:

> Jon Houts <hou...@tcfreenet.org> wrote:
>
> >Enjoy what remains of the holiday weekend!
>
> Yes, happy President's Day everyone!
> I knew I could count on you Jon.

Yeah, I've kind of taken that up the way SAO has taken up the Santa/Satan
issue every year.

but,but...
Jon

for the uninitiated:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=clayton-1402990152420001%40oak-alg-gw8-28.ncal.verio.com&output=gplain

Strider

Feb 18, 2002, 10:21:55 PM2/18/02
"Jon Houts" <hou...@tcfreenet.org> wrote

> On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Wayne wrote:
> > Jon Houts <hou...@tcfreenet.org> wrote:
> >
> > >Enjoy what remains of the holiday weekend!
> > Yes, happy President's Day everyone!
> > I knew I could count on you Jon.
> Yeah, I've kind of taken that up the way SAO has taken up the Santa/Satan
> issue every year.

Wow. What are the chances of that ..... every President of the USA born on
the same *day* - the third Monday of February.

Unbelievable.

--
David W. Varidel
dvar...@optusnet.com.au

BREAKFAST.COM Halted . . . Cereal Port Not Responding.

tj

Feb 19, 2002, 6:54:16 PM2/19/02
On 18-Feb-2002, "Strider" <dvar...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> Wow. What are the chances of that ..... every President of the USA born
> on
> the same *day* - the third Monday of February.
>
> Unbelievable.

Those of us in IL also celebrated Lincoln's birthday last Tuesday. Dang
inconsiderate of Mrs. Lincoln to give birth to little Abe on a Tuesday. If
she had sped things up, we could have had a 4 day weekend. :)

Before somebody calls me on my "date math" - *I know*. <g>

--
tj
t...@webtj.net

Jon Houts

Feb 19, 2002, 7:41:33 PM2/19/02

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Jon Houts wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Wayne wrote:
>
> > Yes, happy President's Day everyone!
> > I knew I could count on you Jon.
>
> Yeah, I've kind of taken that up the way SAO has taken up the Santa/Satan
> issue every year.

Actually, this works better:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=clayton-1402990152420001%40oak-alg-gw8-28.ncal.verio.com

Then click on view: Complete thread

Ray

Feb 19, 2002, 7:33:01 PM2/19/02

"tj" <t...@tj3.cjb.net> wrote in message

> On 18-Feb-2002, "Strider" <dvar...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Wow. What are the chances of that ..... every President of the USA born
> > on
> > the same *day* - the third Monday of February.
> >
> > Unbelievable.
>
> Those of us in IL also celebrated Lincoln's birthday last Tuesday. Dang
> inconsiderate of Mrs. Lincoln to give birth to little Abe on a Tuesday.
If
> she had sped things up, we could have had a 4 day weekend. :)
>
> Before somebody calls me on my "date math" - *I know*. <g>

Lincoln was born February 12, 1809, which was a Sunday.

Ray Drouillard

Jon Houts

Feb 19, 2002, 7:46:11 PM2/19/02

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Strider wrote:

> Wow. What are the chances of that ..... every President of the USA born on
> the same *day* - the third Monday of February.
>
> Unbelievable.

Even more unbelievable is that all US veterans were born on the same day.

Actualy, we hashed this out a coupla years ago...there is no "President's
Day", the holiday is officially "Washington's Birthday (observed)".

but,but
Jon

Loriendil

Feb 19, 2002, 10:04:38 PM2/19/02

"Strider" <dvar...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

> "Jon Houts" <hou...@tcfreenet.org> wrote

> > > Yes, happy President's Day everyone!
> > > I knew I could count on you Jon.
> > Yeah, I've kind of taken that up the way SAO has taken up the
Santa/Satan
> > issue every year.
>
> Wow. What are the chances of that ..... every President of the USA born
on
> the same *day* - the third Monday of February.
>
> Unbelievable.

I've often paused and wondered
At fate's mysterious ways.
For nearly all our famous men
Were born on holidays...

--
In Messiah,
Lee

http://home-educate.com/
~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Dinky

Feb 24, 2002, 9:57:31 AM2/24/02

"tj" <t...@tj3.cjb.net> wrote in message
> On 18-Feb-2002, "Strider" <dvar...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

[...]

> Those of us in IL also celebrated Lincoln's birthday last Tuesday. Dang
> inconsiderate of Mrs. Lincoln to give birth to little Abe on a Tuesday.
If
> she had sped things up, we could have had a 4 day weekend. :)

[...]

I mourn the day Lincoln was elected. I do celebrate Washington's birthday,
though.

--
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
From the Wasteland

Ray

Feb 24, 2002, 8:03:31 PM2/24/02

"Dinky" <mba...@lib.nm.us> wrote in message

> "tj" <t...@tj3.cjb.net> wrote in message
> > On 18-Feb-2002, "Strider" <dvar...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
> [...]
> > Those of us in IL also celebrated Lincoln's birthday last Tuesday. Dang
> > inconsiderate of Mrs. Lincoln to give birth to little Abe on a Tuesday.
> If
> > she had sped things up, we could have had a 4 day weekend. :)
>
> [...]
>
> I mourn the day Lincoln was elected. I do celebrate Washington's birthday,
> though.

Why do you dislike Lincoln?

Ray

Brandon Staggs

Feb 25, 2002, 2:18:52 AM2/25/02

"Ray" <Droui...@home.com> wrote in message

Besides using slavery as an excuse to increase federal control of the
states, I don't think he was bad enough to "mourn" his election day. I
haven't read any good reasons to suspect that he wasn't sincerely concerned
for his country.

FDR, on the other hand, and Clinton, oh Clinton...

-Brandon

Pants Dailyon

Feb 20, 2023, 9:19:21 AM2/20/23