The Last Neandertal

mimus99

Mar 3, 2017, 10:00:29 AM3/3/17
Grendel was a Neandertal,
the last man of his kind,
forced North into the wilderness
by Caucasoid genocide.

They pushed into his habitat
and when he pushed them back,
they called Beowulf to their aid
claiming they were attacked.

Grendel and his race are gone
but left their traces fair
of burials with flowers
and hybrids with red hair.

--

On a frost-bitten hill in the distance, men on horses.
"Over here!" he screams. Waves his arms.
They hesitate, feign deafness, ride away north.
Shoddy, he observes. The whole chilly universe, shoddy.

< _ Grendel _

Contrarian

Mar 6, 2017, 1:40:05 AM3/6/17
In alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk mimus99 <mim...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Grendel was a Neandertal,
> the last man of his kind,
> forced North into the wilderness
> by Caucasoid genocide.
>
> They pushed into his habitat
> and when he pushed them back,
> they called Beowulf to their aid
> claiming they were attacked.
>
> Grendel and his race are gone
> but left their traces fair
> of burials with flowers
> and hybrids with red hair.

is this yours?

mimus99

Mar 26, 2017, 2:57:55 PM3/26/17
<guardedly:>

Maybe.

--

I kind of elided the French cannibal Neandertals.

mimus99

Mar 23, 2019, 11:56:00 AM3/23/19
On Fri, 3 Mar 2017 10:00:28 -0500, mimus99 wrote:

> Grendel was a Neandertal,
> the last man of his kind,
> forced North into the wilderness
> by Caucasoid genocide.
>
> They pushed into his habitat
> and when he pushed them back,
> they called Beowulf to their aid
> claiming they were attacked.
>
> Grendel and his race are gone
> but left their traces fair
> of burials with flowers
> and hybrids with red hair.

Actually, the description of Grendel and his mother living "underwater"
suggests they were beavers.

Perhaps unusually large and aggressive ones.

--

Black, large and possibly Communist beavers
are villains in Beard and Kenney's

Wolffan

Mar 31, 2019, 12:20:26 PM3/31/19
On 23 Mar 2019, mimus99 wrote
(in article<bwun5t02gwbk.wbpp3jln2sr9$.d...@40tude.net>):

> On Fri, 3 Mar 2017 10:00:28 -0500, mimus99 wrote:
>
> > Grendel was a Neandertal,
> > the last man of his kind,
> > forced North into the wilderness
> > by Caucasoid genocide.
> >
> > They pushed into his habitat
> > and when he pushed them back,
> > they called Beowulf to their aid
> > claiming they were attacked.
> >
> > Grendel and his race are gone
> > but left their traces fair
> > of burials with flowers
> > and hybrids with red hair.
>
> Actually, the description of Grendel and his mother living "underwater"
> suggests they were beavers.

ITYM ‘alligators’.

mixed nuts

Mar 31, 2019, 7:30:02 PM3/31/19
Cold foggy northern peat bogs aren't normally good habitat for reptiles,
save the odd adder, grass snake, small lizard, newt, and slow-worm.
Large reptiles, such as alligators, prefer shallow and open waterways,
in warm sunny climates, where they can swim around waiting for prey to
come within striking distance. Then they jump out and chomp down and
rip chunks off.

--
Grizzly H.

%

Mar 31, 2019, 7:51:50 PM3/31/19
i got turtles and muskrats

Wolffan

Mar 31, 2019, 8:13:34 PM3/31/19
On 31 Mar 2019, mixed nuts wrote
(in article <q7rihm$if5$1...@gioia.aioe.org>):
There have been a number of, umm, documentaries, yes, that’s it, they were
documentaries, suggesting otherwise. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0139414/

mixed nuts

Mar 31, 2019, 8:32:46 PM3/31/19
Muskrats like turtle swamps and rivers which are common where you live.

The RCMP wear muskrats on their heads in the winter. They're very warm.

<http://www.williamscully.ca/gallery2/main.php/v/Headwear/sylvie_4.jpg.html>

--
Grizzly H.

%

Mar 31, 2019, 8:50:53 PM3/31/19
that's the dress uniform go east about 40 miles ,
look for a small lake on the north side ,
i almost stepped on a muskrat there ,
it's stocked with trout

Jay E. Morris

Mar 31, 2019, 8:57:45 PM3/31/19
I hear it's very difficult to train them to sit quietly on the Mountie's
head.

(Someone had to say it.)

Ninapenda Jibini

Mar 31, 2019, 10:34:32 PM3/31/19
mixed nuts <melops...@undulatus.budgie> wrote in
You make it sound like they wear _live_ muskrats, rather than hats
made from muskrat pelts.

--
Terry Austin

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Ninapenda Jibini

Mar 31, 2019, 10:35:28 PM3/31/19
% <per...@gmail.com> wrote in news:c3ocqf....@news.alt.net:

> i almost stepped on a muskrat there ,
> it's stocked with trout

How does one stock a muskrat with trout? That sounds . . . painful.
For both the person doing it and the muskrat (but mostly for the
muskrat).

Ninapenda Jibini

Mar 31, 2019, 10:37:51 PM3/31/19
Wolffan <akwo...@zoho.com> wrote in
I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Titus G

Apr 1, 2019, 12:29:28 AM4/1/19
On 1/04/19 3:35 PM, Ninapenda Jibini wrote:
> % <per...@gmail.com> wrote in news:c3ocqf....@news.alt.net:
>
>> i almost stepped on a muskrat there , it's stocked with trout
>
> How does one stock a muskrat with trout? That sounds . . . painful.
> For both the person doing it and the muskrat (but mostly for the
> muskrat).

.
And the trout, (but, mostly for the trout).

Default User

Apr 1, 2019, 12:39:56 AM4/1/19
mixed nuts wrote:

> The RCMP wear muskrats on their heads in the winter. They're very
> warm.

Just don't wake 'em up.

Brian

Ninapenda Jibini

Apr 1, 2019, 2:40:47 AM4/1/19
Titus G <no...@nowhere.com> wrote in
I have doubts. I think the trout likes it.

justpassingthrough

Apr 1, 2019, 3:10:28 PM4/1/19
Newts may look a bit lizard like but are in fact
amphibians.

Wolffan

Apr 1, 2019, 7:54:17 PM4/1/19
On 31 Mar 2019, Ninapenda Jibini wrote
(in article<XnsAA23C7B1BCEDA...@69.16.179.42>):
It’s gotta be a documentary. They can’t possibly have been trying to act,
and there was no plot... And they did it at least three times, each time with
a bigger croc/gator/whatever. In Maine.

Gene Wirchenko

Apr 1, 2019, 9:15:35 PM4/1/19
On Sun, 31 Mar 2019 19:57:43 -0500, "Jay E. Morris"
<mor...@epsilon3.com> wrote:

>On 3/31/2019 07:32 PM, mixed nuts wrote:

[snip]

>> Muskrats like turtle swamps and rivers which are common where you live.
>>
>> The RCMP wear muskrats on their heads in the winter.  They're very warm.

One, the other, or both?

>I hear it's very difficult to train them to sit quietly on the Mountie's
>head.

If they want to be Canadians, they will have to learn to be
polite.

>(Someone had to say it.)

Ditto. Sorry. Well, not really.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Dimensional Traveler

Apr 1, 2019, 9:23:04 PM4/1/19
I think they are up to six now.

instinct are running screaming.

Ninapenda Jibini

Apr 2, 2019, 1:28:02 PM4/2/19
Wolffan <akwo...@zoho.com> wrote in
According to Wikipedia, yes. Interestingly, there is one titled
Lake Placid: The Final Chapter. And two more after that.

Ninapenda Jibini

Apr 2, 2019, 1:28:39 PM4/2/19
Wolffan <akwo...@zoho.com> wrote in
You don't watch much television, do you? If that were the criteria,
virtually *all* television would be the news.