KRAUSE LADDER RECALL!!!

Mel Meer

Jun 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/30/98

Just so everyone knows who should know
there's been a recall of Multimatics and
Trimatics manufactured since December 1, 1997.

Call Krause (toll free) at

1-877-KRAUSE1

1-877-572-8731

for details and/or a Recall Notice.

I'm posting this, for as far as I know
Krause does not use warranty cards.

Mel

John Crooks

Jul 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/2/98
to Mel Meer

Mel-

Thanks for the info! I E-mailed Krause to confirm & got the attached
E-mail. FYI i turns out my Multimatic ladder is not affected.

John C.

On Thu, Jul 2, 1998 3:32 PM, Kraus...@aol.com wrote:
* Dear John Crooks,
* Thank you for your interest in Krause Ladder Systems. We have discovered
* problem with hinges in some articulating ladders manufactured between
12/1/97
* and 5/22/98. While in use, a hinge on some of these ladders may loosen,
* causing the ladder to collapse. This could result in serious injury or
death.
* Affected laddders are Krause 12-foot and 16-foot MultiMatic models 121482
and
* 121499, and 12-foot TriMatic model 121321.
* We urge you to check the black UL label on the side of your ladder to
* determine if it is affected by the recall. The recall applies only to
ladders
* with UL Issue Numbers AC 7404 through 7488, 7494, and 7495.
* DO NOT USE YOUR LADDER IF YOU SUSPECT IT IS AFFECTED BY THE RECALL.
* If your ladder is affected by the recall, for replacement or refund,
return it
* to the store where purchased, or call our tool-free RECALL HOTLINE at
* 1-877-KRAUSE1 (1-877-572-8731) between 8am and 4pm central standard time.
* We apologize for any inconvenience the recall may cause you. As safety is
the
* first priority at Krause, we are working hard to replace all affected
ladders
* with corrected product just as quickly as possible.
* Thank You,
* Krause Ladder Systems

codyb...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2014, 11:29:30 AM9/5/14
On Tuesday, June 30, 1998 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Mel Meer wrote:
> Just so everyone knows who should know
> there's been a recall of Multimatics and
> Trimatics manufactured since December 1, 1997.
>
> Call Krause (toll free) at
>
> 1-877-KRAUSE1
>
> 1-877-572-8731
>
> for details and/or a Recall Notice.
>
> I'm posting this, for as far as I know
> Krause does not use warranty cards.
>
> Mel

This number you left is for a cruise HOTLINE! NOT A RECAL NUMBER! THIS IS A SCAM MESSAGE THIS GUY POSTED!

Bert

Sep 5, 2014, 3:18:00 PM9/5/14
In news:8e07f0c3-a5e0-42b1...@googlegroups.com
codyb...@gmail.com wrote:

> This number you left is for a cruise HOTLINE! NOT A RECAL NUMBER!

Maybe the number was re-assigned in the intervening 16 YEARS since the
original post was made.

But then, you're a googlegrouper, so it's probably too much to expect
you to notice such things.

--
be...@iphouse.com St. Paul, MN

jcho...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2015, 4:25:10 AM4/4/15
On Tuesday, June 30, 1998 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Mel Meer wrote:
> Just so everyone knows who should know
> there's been a recall of Multimatics and
> Trimatics manufactured since December 1, 1997.
>
> Call Krause (toll free) at
>
> 1-877-KRAUSE1
>
> 1-877-572-8731
>
> for details and/or a Recall Notice.
>
> I'm posting this, for as far as I know
> Krause does not use warranty cards.
>
> Mel

The number may have been valid at the time. If you are one of the owners who didn't realize on time, you may be stuck now with one of these faulty ladders. Tke company (Kraus) just went bankrupt, close their doors, and opened up with a new name.

rlh...@bellsouth.net

Aug 14, 2016, 9:03:45 PM8/14/16
I have one that I hardly used. Discovered info about recall. Ended up calling Home Depot. They knew all about it and gave me a $150 store credit. This was in June 2016.

jefsi...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2016, 1:35:33 PM8/19/16
just curious, which Homedepot? I tried to call nearby Homedepot, the lady suggests to contact the manufacture

thew...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2017, 6:00:21 PM4/16/17
I just tried to return mine to the Omak Home Depot where they said I could when I called but not when I showed up. They say they have no SKU info to put in the system.

They offered me $50 off the purchase of a new one.

I don't have money for another one.

gpu...@gmail.com

May 6, 2018, 10:54:33 PM5/6/18
I went online to order replacement rubber feet for my Krause Multimatic Model #121482. Of course, it was only then that I discovered the recall information. I was sure I purchased my ladder at the local Home Depot Store so I called and amazingly was able to reach a manager on the telephone.

He apologized and said that it had been too long - over 18 years - more like 20 years but I wasn't going to correct his math! So I told him, "No problem, I am going to memorialize our conversation with a letter to corporate and let them know that you refused to honor the recall and left me stuck with this ladder. Since it's my only ladder I may be forced to carefully attempt to use it. He said "Good luck, and Goodbye."

No kidding, not 4 minutes later the phone rings (thank God for caller ID) and it's the store manager, he says wait, I am sorry, I called my boss and also I put myself in your shoes. I want to make this right. I will exchange it for you. They offered me an $80 but I wanted the $109 Gorilla ladder and that's what I brought home. :-)

Like hell he put himself in my shoes! He probably realized the huge liability he had created by refusing to correct a dangerous and possibly deadly problem.

Message has been deleted

john.g...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2018, 2:28:19 AM7/25/18
That's good!

Same situation, trying to find replacement legs for the stabilizer bar; found out about the recall. The cpsc.com site doesn't have it, but hey, it doesn't hurt to check Home Depot like you did!

Mine was the Krause Multimatic Model #121499

== John ==

lina...@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2018, 3:27:45 PM8/27/18
Hey John G. I had the same problem with a sticky hinge, checked the website and found the recall. After reading your response and others, I decided after 20 years it's really too late to do anything beforehand, but if anything goes seriously wrong - Krause will hear from me.

xof...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2018, 1:01:53 PM9/1/18
I also took mine back to home depot they offered me nothing.

jchri...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2019, 7:23:49 PM11/4/19
I'm in NZ and have one of these ladders. So return is not an option. And I quite like the ladder actually. One of my hinges is playing up quite badly...the tabs do not come out with the lever...and neither do they pop in. Just on one side.
Does anyone know if you can get replacement hinges to fit ?
Does anyone have an address for Klaus so I could ask them direct ?
Haven't managed to stumble across their website yet.

nar...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2020, 5:56:58 PM4/29/20
Just found out that my ladder was recalled. Went to Home Depot and could not have been treated any better! Have a replacement ladder they replaced it without any proof whatsoever as to when I purchased it and for what price. In fact they could not even tell if Home Depot ever sold this ladder! GREAT customer service!

upnorth....@gmail.com

May 19, 2020, 2:46:42 PM5/19/20
On Tuesday, June 30, 1998 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Mel Meer wrote:
> Just so everyone knows who should know
> there's been a recall of Multimatics and
> Trimatics manufactured since December 1, 1997.
>
> Call Krause (toll free) at
>
> 1-877-KRAUSE1
>
> 1-877-572-8731
>
> for details and/or a Recall Notice.
>
> I'm posting this, for as far as I know
> Krause does not use warranty cards.
>
> Mel

This phone number was a medic alert sales pitch!

Fake ID

May 24, 2020, 1:00:52 AM5/24/20
In article <56e26e5d-f9c6-4abb...@googlegroups.com>,
Maybe because the number got recycled in the 22 years since the recall.

alga...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2020, 1:22:24 AM6/16/20
On Tuesday, June 30, 1998 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Mel Meer wrote:
> Just so everyone knows who should know
> there's been a recall of Multimatics and
> Trimatics manufactured since December 1, 1997.
>
> Call Krause (toll free) at
>
> 1-877-KRAUSE1
>
> 1-877-572-8731
>
> for details and/or a Recall Notice.
>
> I'm posting this, for as far as I know
> Krause does not use warranty cards.
>
> Mel

Home Depot took it back and replaced it today, a 22 yo ladder, a bit of convincing and a few managers were summoned

craz...@yahoo.com

Jul 7, 2020, 12:25:27 PM7/7/20
LOl. I havent used ladder in a few years, wanted new feet and so just found out about recall. Going to be difficult when they went bust years ago. Guess I'll return to original plan of making some

G Yatko

Aug 24, 2020, 3:38:47 PM8/24/20
So I was just about to post an add on FB marketplace to sell my well-taken-care-of Krause Model 121482, with UL Sticker "AC-7594". The ladder has always worked well for me, stored indoors and seems tight and stable. Should I be throwing this ladder out? I doubt that there's any updates to this recall, so I MIGHT assume it doesn't affect my ladder?

GY

susan pfunke

Nov 16, 2020, 10:20:33 AM11/16/20
On Monday, August 24, 2020 at 3:38:47 PM UTC-4, G Yatko wrote:
> So I was just about to post an add on FB marketplace to sell my well-taken-care-of Krause Model 121482, with UL Sticker "AC-7594". The ladder has always worked well for me, stored indoors and seems tight and stable. Should I be throwing this ladder out? I doubt that there's any updates to this recall, so I MIGHT assume it doesn't affect my ladder?
>
> GY
My neighbor wanted to buy my ladder. In checking on current value, I found out about the recall. Cannot reach Krause at any of the numbers given. Bought Model #121499 at Home Depot 20 years ago. The UL number is AC 8217. Does anyone know if this recall is for all #121499 or just certain UL numbers?

john lavalle

Apr 26, 2021, 12:38:23 PM4/26/21
Did you determine if your UL number was OK, the number on mine is AC8381.

Bee Zee

Apr 27, 2021, 11:52:21 AM4/27/21
My ladder is a 20yr old model 121499. Always stored indoors and well taken care of. One hinge lock collapsed while I was 4 feet up dropping me to the driveway. Fortunately I didn't break any bones but I will not use it again.

Robert Carmona

Sep 15, 2022, 5:56:58 PM9/15/22

Bill Murray

Oct 26, 2023, 1:40:08 PM10/26/23
Just certain UL numbers. The bad ones are: with UL Issue Numbers AC 7404 through 7488, 7494, and 7495