What works better than CLR on calcium/lime deposits?

Doc

May 11, 2013, 1:19:58 AM5/11/13
I've never found CLR to work that great on heavier deposits of mineral
buildup. What's better?

Stormin Mormon

May 11, 2013, 6:46:35 AM5/11/13
Muriatic acid / hydrochloric acid has worked for me.

.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.
.

Danny D

May 11, 2013, 7:06:03 AM5/11/13

On Sat, 11 May 2013 06:46:35 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:
> Muriatic acid / hydrochloric acid has worked for me.

What are you trying to clean?

Red Green

May 11, 2013, 9:27:14 AM5/11/13
Doc <docsa...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:2912452e-515f-4955-b1a7-
45c692...@d6g2000yqi.googlegroups.com:

> I've never found CLR to work that great on heavier deposits of mineral
> buildup. What's better?

Vinegar...but Danny's Q as to what are you trying to clean should be
answered first.

Robert Macy

May 11, 2013, 10:04:09 AM5/11/13
On May 10, 10:19 pm, Doc <docsavag...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've never found CLR to work that great on heavier deposits of mineral
> buildup. What's better?

After reading about, and then trying, readily available pool grade
muriatic acid; I'm convinced the only way to go!

About $5 per gal at HD, beats CLR which was like nothing, a total
waste of time and money

Muriatic acid was intantly, then didn't have to do again for about a
month. Keeps everything looking like new.

DD_BobK

May 11, 2013, 2:15:13 PM5/11/13
On May 10, 10:19 pm, Doc <docsavag...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've never found CLR to work that great on heavier deposits of mineral
> buildup. What's better?

Give Lemi-Shine a try.
Available at most grocery stores on the dishwasher detergent isle.

It's basically citric acid ~$4 per pkg (10 oz)

I use it to remove & control hard water deposits in dishwashers.
And as an occasional rinise (~1 month) aid.

Be forewarned.... it will remove (over time) artwork on some glassware
or coffee cups. :(
More aggressive than CLR less than pool acid.

http://www.lemishine.com/

cheers
Bob

Doc

May 11, 2013, 8:25:46 PM5/11/13
On May 11, 7:06 am, Danny D <Dan...@example.com> wrote:

> What are you trying to clean?

At the moment the mineral buildup on the bottom of a dishwasher but as
a rule I don't find CLR to work that well.

DD_BobK

May 11, 2013, 8:33:57 PM5/11/13
Run the dishwasher empty a few times with LemiShine.

Harry K

May 12, 2013, 12:21:33 AM5/12/13
On May 11, 5:25 pm, Doc <docsavag...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Try "LemiShine" for Washing Machines, Dishwashers, Disposals. I don't
know what is in it as I don't see an ingredient list. My dishwasher
was really cruddy and nothing I tried including the real TSP wouldn't
touch it. One dose of lemishine and it was showroom clean. Wal Mart
had it in their cleaners section. Small boxbox

Harry K

Gordon Vickery

Apr 1, 2021, 4:15:04 PM4/1/21

Tekkie©

Apr 1, 2021, 4:32:08 PM4/1/21

On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 20:15:02 +0000, Gordon Vickery posted for all of us to
digest...

> A commercial ice maker

Probably what a parts store or the manufacturers recommend. Don't they have a
cycle they have to be put through and then rinsed several times? Ice is a food.

--
Tekkie

Fulmer13

Feb 13, 2023, 3:04:09 PM2/13/23
Brown stains from Bottom of tub. Stained while plumbers did a test run while building our house. Water supply is from a well. standing water was left in the tub.

Snag

Feb 13, 2023, 3:23:08 PM2/13/23
On 2/13/2023 2:04 PM, Fulmer13 wrote:
> Brown stains from Bottom of tub. Stained while plumbers did a test run
> while building our house. Water supply is from a well.  standing water
> was left in the tub.

White vinegar .
--
Snag
“Free speech is my right to say what you don’t