Heads up: Peanuts in the shell lovers

1 view

Vic Smith

Sep 7, 2007, 8:06:57 PM9/7/07
Fisher Super Size, Salted In-shell, Dry Roasted.
5 lb bag for 5 bucks here (Chicago area)
These are very good. I quit eating peanuts in the shell because they
were all crap - rancid.
My wife took a chance and bought these, and the second bag is as good
as the first.
Maybe the peanut farmers are out of the 5 year old peanuts they've
been selling us?

--Vic

Don K

Sep 7, 2007, 9:10:09 PM9/7/07
"Vic Smith" <thismaila...@comcast.net> wrote in message

There's nothing in a supermarket that compares to freshly roasted
nuts from a local nuthouse. They begin to lose flavor after a few days.

I buy 'em in a paper bag while they're still warm.

Don

Dennis

Sep 7, 2007, 10:05:21 PM9/7/07

I buy 5 lb bags of Hoodys peanuts in the shell at Costco for a similar
price. One of my favorite snacks while watching TV. Having to pick
them out of the shell slows down my consumption rate. :-)

Dennis (evil)
--
The honest man is the one who realizes that he cannot
consume more, in his lifetime, than he produces.

Vic Smith

Sep 8, 2007, 11:25:15 AM9/8/07
On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 21:10:09 -0400, "Don K" <dk@dont_bother_me.com>
wrote:

Agreed, bit I don't have that convenience here.
And those are always pretty expensive in my experience.

--Vic

Vic Smith

Sep 8, 2007, 11:25:56 AM9/8/07
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 19:05:21 -0700, Dennis <dg...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 19:06:57 -0500, Vic Smith
><thismaila...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>Fisher Super Size, Salted In-shell, Dry Roasted.
>>5 lb bag for 5 bucks here (Chicago area)
>>These are very good. I quit eating peanuts in the shell because they
>>were all crap - rancid.
>>My wife took a chance and bought these, and the second bag is as good
>>as the first.
>>Maybe the peanut farmers are out of the 5 year old peanuts they've
>>been selling us?
>
>I buy 5 lb bags of Hoodys peanuts in the shell at Costco for a similar
>price. One of my favorite snacks while watching TV. Having to pick
>them out of the shell slows down my consumption rate. :-)

That does it. I am checking out Costco membership.

--Vic

Don K

Sep 8, 2007, 11:59:12 AM9/8/07
"Vic Smith" <thismaila...@comcast.net> wrote in message

About $1.70 for a pound bag of peanuts in the shell.
Buying a bag or two once in a while will not break the bank.

Don