Who can believe in colonizing space but a Christian?

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Mar 30, 2011, 9:15:32 AM3/30/11
It is said that once you believe in God, you can believe anything --
even the lies about Iraq-- and their president sure enough promoted
this clever idea:

On Mar 29, 1:17 am, Voltaire <Volta...@Spamex.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 12:43:29 -0500, Frank Pittel

> <f...@warlock.deepthought.com> wrote:
> >Only an idiot looney tune brain dead lying fascist hate spewing loser lib dem would
> >consider this a good idea.

> >http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/03/high_speed_delusion.html

> Yes, I would much rather spend it all rebuilding Iraq and handing out
> money to Haliburton.

Or in Bush's idea of conquering space so we can colonize other worlds
as we destroy this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRSNT_9ru2U

***

Hopefully he was bullshitting about this one. But the Christians
believed it. This is the same Conservatives who say, "NO MORE TAXES!"

Isn't the idea LUNATIC? It looks so from my Beach Cruiser...

RicodJour

Mar 30, 2011, 3:03:35 PM3/30/11
On Mar 30, 9:15 am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser

Philosopher" <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Isn't the idea LUNATIC? It looks so from my Beach Cruiser...

The only long term hope for our...errr...my species, is getting off
planet. Thinking otherwise is simply being short-sighted.

BTW, I'll bet you that within our lifetimes the word lunatic will
undergo a complete reversal in meaning. Just so's ya know, I plan on
living a long time. Bet accordingly.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Mar 30, 2011, 7:04:11 PM3/30/11

Sorry, the idea was found to be lunatic:

On Mar 30, 3:57 pm, dr_jeff <u...@msu.edu> wrote:
> Actually, there are people of other religions who would like to colonize
> space. For example, there are Indian and Israeli astronauts (one was
> killed with the Columbia disaster) and Russian Cosmonauts. Not all the
> people who are on the International Space Station are Christian.
>
> In addition, not all believe in God. And many people who want to
> colonize space are not believers in God at all.

Colonizing space is not the same as the shuttle program. Colonization
means permanent bases in the Moon or elsewhere.

But don't worry, Bush was bullshitting...

"NASA budget for 2011 eliminates funds for manned lunar missions"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/31/AR2010013101058.html?wprss=rss_print/asection

Obama must have found the mission lunatic.

RicodJour

Mar 31, 2011, 4:46:33 PM3/31/11
On Mar 30, 7:04 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/31/AR201...

> Obama must have found the mission lunatic.

I bow to your mastery of the self-marginalizing post. A truly
innovative way of promoting something to insure nothing happens.
Kudos!

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Mar 31, 2011, 9:03:21 PM3/31/11

Don't worry, I'll make science and reason prevail. The Christians are
the main obstacle to progress:

On Mar 31, 7:37 pm, Zonker Bill <joe.s...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Christians don't believe in science, so how can they believe in
> rockets and space? They think that the planets are all attached to
> giant crystal spheres, just out of reach of a tall man on the highest
> mountain.

That's true, but they do believe in whatever a Republican president
tells them.

Did Bush say if we would explore the whole Universe or just a couple
of planets? ;)

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Mar 31, 2011, 9:18:36 PM3/31/11
On Mar 31, 9:03 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser

To be politically correct, the problem is not the Christians that ride
bikes, but that most of the Christians are older folks or couch
potatoes that don't vote about progressive issues. They mostly care
about keeping homosexuals, prostitutes and drug addicts in the closet.

If they hear that I propose Dutch liberal democracy, they'll freak out.

Tºm Shermªn™ °_°

Apr 1, 2011, 4:32:59 AM4/1/11
On 3/31/2011 8:03 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
Philosopher wrote:
> [...]

> Did Bush say if we would explore the whole Universe or just a couple
> of planets?;)

Just the planets that might have oil.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

Tºm Shermªn™ °_°

Apr 1, 2011, 4:34:54 AM4/1/11
On 3/31/2011 3:46 PM, RicodJour wrote:
> On Mar 30, 7:04 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
> Philosopher"<nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> [...]

>> But don't worry, Bush was bullshitting...
>>
>> "NASA budget for 2011 eliminates funds for manned lunar missions"
>>
>> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/31/AR201...
>>
>> Obama must have found the mission lunatic.
>
> I bow to your mastery of the self-marginalizing post. A truly
> innovative way of promoting something to insure nothing happens.
> Kudos!

By linguistic definition, anyone who travels to the moon (aka Luna) is a
Lunatic.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Apr 1, 2011, 9:13:43 AM4/1/11
On Apr 1, 4:32 am, Tºm Shermªn™ °_° <""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net"> wrote:

> On 3/31/2011 8:03 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach CruiserPhilosopher wrote:
>
>  > [...]
>
> > Did Bush say if we would explore the whole Universe or just a couple
> > of planets?;)
>
> Just the planets that might have oil.

True. Never mind the fact that you need life to have oil and that
transportation --particularly large oil tankers-- may have a problem
navigating in space.

As you watch the clip above, Bush announces the "exploration of the
solar system," so the Moon is only the first step. Some "experts" lead
you to believe that you can find "valuable resources," but THEY NEVER
TELL YOU HOW TO SHIP IT BACK. A British accent makes sound serious. ;)

Foo Fighter

Apr 1, 2011, 11:40:22 AM4/1/11
In article
<0007e667-daaa-4799...@i35g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,

"His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"
<comandan...@yahoo.com> wrote:

and;
In article
<fa59a958-9be9-4c3a...@u12g2000vbf.googlegroups.com>,

<nolionn...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Mar 30, 9:58 pm, Hachiroku ÉnÉ`ÉçÉN <Tru...@e86.GTS> wrote:
> > On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 11:38:09 -0700, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the
> >
> > Beach Cruiser Philosopher wrote:
> >
> > > As I was watching this program about the evolution, I realized that the
> > > same difference in brain size that exists between monkeys and homo sapiens
> > > could be the one that exists between homo sapiens and Christians, assuming
> > > Christians are a different species.
> >
> > I think you've confused "Christian" with "Liberal"
>
> In America Christian means Conservative. They refuse new ideas and
> oppose any liberal initiative out there.
>
> They voted en masse for Bush and generally oppose Obama, however timid
> his initiatives are. For example, he should promoted the Single Payer
> universal healthcare system and end of story. Germany --the pioneer in
> universal healthcare-- has a mixed system that also makes sense. Obama
> though --in order to compromise-- ended up with an expensive and
> complicated system that now the Conservatives are attacking with low
> balls such as the "Death Panels"...
>
> Hey, Euthanasia makes a lot of sense but Obama is far from daring to
> go that far...
>
> http://pumabydesign001.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/death-panel-obamacare.jpg
>
> Liberal humanist societies don't have a problem with that as they as
> they don't have a problem over people smoking marijuana or having
> abortion. Of course, nobody is promoting that either, but education is
> the best medicine. The Christians, though, have the practice of
> wanting the child to be born and then deny him decent healthcare --
> such as Bush did. Not a Christian blinked in protest. Hey, they even
> reject the First Lady for educating the people to be healthy. They
> insist on being fat and dumb.
>
> As I said, smaller brains.

and;
In article <2u29p693cjvtg592k...@4ax.com>,
Harry Hope <riv...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> [...]
>

> Conservative Republicans have been very busy lately making inroads
> into teaching and learning at all levels -- a curious program,
> especially at a time when more serious voices have been urging America
> to strengthen its investment in science and technology in order to
> remain globally competitive in the twenty-first century.
>
> One wonders what their oppositionism is really about.
>
> Let me summarize a bit of this interesting record:
>
> Congressional Republicans have fought to reduce pre-kindergarten (Head
> Start) funding.
>
> Conservatives in various arenas have been whittling away at the
> prestige, authority and autonomy of elementary and high school
> teachers.
>
> The denial of the right to collective bargaining, the destruction of
> security of employment, demands to take classroom decisions out of
> teachers' hands and create a national curriculum, forcing teachers to
> teach to tests whose subject matter bears no relation to what future
> generations of Americans will need to know, allowing school buildings
> to deteriorate in the interests of "no new taxes," carrying banners at
> rallies identifying teachers as "glorified babysitters" - all these
> work to encourage contempt for those who teach in those who need to
> learn, and to make mediocrity the norm.
>
> (Does anyone believe that "the best and the brightest" will want to
> become teachers under these working conditions?)
>
> At the university level, we have seen many disquieting moves over the
> last several years.

> Scholarship at all levels has been devalued and impugned by the deep
> thinkers of the Right.
>
> Conservatives have cast doubt on science -- from evolution to climate
> change -- on no rational basis at all other than that it isn't in the
> Bible or they just plain don't like it.
>
> Their inability to grasp the ideas of postmodernism has proven no
> deterrent to their making fun of its questioning of the absolute
> certainty of all scientific claims (does anyone detect an irony
> here?).
>
> Generally, the conservatives' aim seems to be to reassure their
> constituencies that you don't have to know anything to be an expert.
>
> All you have to do is yell louder than anyone else.
>
> The above is certainly depressing.

> Does that list represent something planned, deliberate, and coherent?
>
> Perhaps conservatives realize that their attractiveness is dependent
> on ignorance at many levels and of many kinds:
>
> ignorance of the Constitution;
>
> ignorance of the benefits that unionization has brought to so many
> people;
>
> ignorance of the importance of science and technology in the modern
> world;
>
> ignorance of their own ignorance.
>
> If education is respected and strong, if teachers are autonomous,
> authoritative, and respected, ignorance cannot survive.
>
> If ignorance cannot survive, groups that thrive on it will not do

are you saying Ignorance is Not Bliss?
;)
--
Karma, What a concept!

RicodJour

Apr 1, 2011, 11:42:51 AM4/1/11
On Apr 1, 9:13 am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser

Philosopher" <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Some "experts" lead
> you to believe that you can find "valuable resources," but THEY NEVER
> TELL YOU HOW TO SHIP IT BACK.

You've never fallen off your "bike" and gone boom? The "thing" that
makes "you" fall down and not up is called 'gravity'. That's what
they'd use to for the "return trip". I believe it's free, "but" I'm
not sure.

RicodJour

Apr 1, 2011, 11:46:16 AM4/1/11
On Apr 1, 4:34 am, Tºm Shermªn™ °_° <""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI

$southslope.net"> wrote:
> On 3/31/2011 3:46 PM, RicodJour wrote:
> > On Mar 30, 7:04 pm, "HisHighAsAKiteNess the TibetanMonkey

> >> Obama must have found the mission lunatic.
>
> > I bow to your mastery of the self-marginalizing post.  A truly
> > innovative way of promoting something to insure nothing happens.
> > Kudos!
>
> By linguistic definition, anyone who travels to the moon (aka Luna) is a
> Lunatic.

Only if the Moon rubs off on them.

-tic ~= -ic
used as an adjective-forming suffix with the particular senses “having
some characteristics of”