Best cities to retire

gggg gggg

Sep 29, 2022, 9:57:27 AM9/29/22

Leo Isenteze

Sep 29, 2022, 8:35:31 PM9/29/22
On 9/29/2022 9:57 AM, gggg gggg wrote:
> https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/24/wallethub-top-10-cities-to-retire-2022-nearly-half-are-in-florida.html

That ranking is total nutty nonsense. I wouldn't live in any of the top
ten cities listed.

Wilmington, Delaware HA HA "With a crime rate of 60 per one thousand
residents, Wilmington has one of the highest crime rates in America
compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to
the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either
violent or property crime here is one in 17."

San Francisco, California HA HA is nutty expensive with high taxes and
many problems.

No thanks to Florida and hurricanes and no thanks to hot desert cities.

And no thanks to Ohio and South Carolina.

Dim Witte

Sep 29, 2022, 10:10:29 PM9/29/22
I would stay away from BIG CITIES, or even ones larger than, say, 30,000, preferring ones between 5 and 20 thousand. Just staying away from derelicts, virus spreading, street thugs, factory workers, and gangs, plus the political criminals that have moved in, avoiding ethnic concentrations. Just looking for small city with more than two restaurants, a couple hardware stores, Internet towers, a hospital, churches, etc..

Be okay if such a small city was near a larger one with a nearby airport. Trouble is that such decent places tend to be targeted by those who are on the run and looking for resources to share.