DIY two flush toilet control

VFW

Oct 22, 2010, 6:08:11 PM10/22/10
Yes, I mounted a moving block of wood that in it's normal position lets
the flush handle only flush while you hold it against the stop.
for #2 , you swing the block out of the way and the handle travels its
normal full flush amount.
I've saving water and a load on the septic tank. it is getting into the
rainey season.
and I add "Septic Helper" every week or two.
Have a fine day.
OK
--
Karma, What a concept!

Gordon

Oct 22, 2010, 7:04:25 PM10/22/10
VFW <geor...@toast.net> wrote in news:georgeswk-54D248.15081122102010
@news.toast.net:

I acomplished the same thing by mounting a few fishing weights
on the Flapper valve. Actually I mounted them to the flapper
lift chain, low, down near the flapper so that when the flush handle
is released, the weights press on the flapper.

Anyway, a quick push and release of the flush handle causes the
valve to open and close. That only releases enough water for
a #1 flush. Holding the handle down gives a good long flush
for #2.

Message has been deleted