Citizens Bank giving misleading account balances?

seeker

Jun 17, 2008, 10:52:03 AM6/17/08
I have heard of several people i know getting whacked for courtesy
overdraft fees in the hundreds and aven $12-1500 range. It appears
that pending transactions are not mentioned when customers call them
so they end up revising their check registers with incorrect
balances,causing overdrafts. I also know someone who was issued a
debit card and todl erroneously that the card was to be linked to
their savings, when it could not be. That person went a made a large
number of small transactions, each of which resulted in an overdraft
charge. When the person went to the bank they confiscated that
person's whole paycheck for 2 pay periods and would not reverse
overdraft charges even though bank personnel admitted their error.
This was in NH.

Norgann...@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2008, 1:13:22 PM6/17/08

Norgann...@Gmail.com

Logan Shaw

Jun 19, 2008, 3:11:16 AM6/19/08
seeker wrote:
> I have heard of several people i know getting whacked for courtesy
> overdraft fees in the hundreds and aven $12-1500 range. It appears
> that pending transactions are not mentioned when customers call them
> so they end up revising their check registers with incorrect
> balances,causing overdrafts.

I find it impossible to believe that anyone who knows the basics
of how to balance a checkbook could be affected by this. When you
initiate any transaction, you record it in the register, and it is
reflected in the balance you compute. So if you call the bank and
their balance doesn't reflect an outstanding check (or debit card
transaction or whatever else), you're going to go, "well, my register
shows in my own handwriting that check #233 was for $99.50, but the
bank doesn't know about it, so it must not exist"?

- Logan