Flex Seal edurance properties.

vjp...@at.biostrategist.dot.dot.com

Nov 5, 2021, 2:55:15 AM11/5/21
Curious about how Flex Seal is will mildew, chlorine bleach (hypochorite) and
cracking? I surmise it is essential a polymerised version of bytyl rubber
flashing. I have supported a rotted bath wall for five years using 10"x20"
PVC shim sheeting, drywall mesh and white butyl rubber flashing.
But I got further rot on the far side of the mid-tub soap dish which I
repaired with regular silicone caulking and drywall mesh. It seems to be
slightly sagging and I am not inclined to act until necessary. But my plan is
to put another PVC shim sheet with flashing and to cover up some unsightly
drywall mesh silicone patching above it (that I spray chlorine on every few
days) with Flex Seal and spatula. Well until I can afford (both money and
effort) to replace the rotted drywall and retile.

--
Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus
blog: panix.com/~vjp2/ruminatn.htm - = - web: panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm

Bob F

Nov 5, 2021, 10:31:48 AM11/5/21
On 11/4/2021 11:55 PM, vjp...@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:
> Curious about how Flex Seal is will mildew, chlorine bleach (hypochorite) and
> cracking? I surmise it is essential a polymerised version of bytyl rubber
> flashing. I have supported a rotted bath wall for five years using 10"x20"
> PVC shim sheeting, drywall mesh and white butyl rubber flashing.
> But I got further rot on the far side of the mid-tub soap dish which I
> repaired with regular silicone caulking and drywall mesh. It seems to be
> slightly sagging and I am not inclined to act until necessary. But my plan is
> to put another PVC shim sheet with flashing and to cover up some unsightly
> drywall mesh silicone patching above it (that I spray chlorine on every few
> days) with Flex Seal and spatula. Well until I can afford (both money and
> effort) to replace the rotted drywall and retile.

And in the meanwhile, your wall is rotting internally. Time to tear
everything off, repair or replace the damaged structure, and replace the
drywall with concrete backer board.

vjp...@at.biostrategist.dot.dot.com

Nov 7, 2021, 1:10:05 AM11/7/21

FlexSeal may not be resistant to chlorine bleach, the material data sheets
are non committal but advise against it and promise nothing.

Now, your pool Chlorine is pretty dilute. Bath cleaner is regular bleach
diluted four times, but it yellowed the acrylic ALEX.

Flashing is cool but it takes seven days to dry. I cover it with plastic but
it ends up smelling soggy.

The Real Bev

Nov 27, 2021, 4:09:34 PM11/27/21
On 11/04/2021 11:55 PM, vjp...@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:
> Curious about how Flex Seal is will mildew, chlorine bleach (hypochorite) and
> cracking? ...

Is this that rubbery tape that sticks and seems to melt into itself? I
used half the roll on a hose leak, which kept right on leaking. I
returned the unused stuff to Walmart.

If you're talking about something else, never mind.

--
Cheers, Bev
An organizer for the "Million Agoraphobics March" expressed

Dennis

Nov 30, 2021, 1:05:11 PM11/30/21
On Sat, 27 Nov 2021 13:09:29 -0800, The Real Bev
<bashley...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 11/04/2021 11:55 PM, vjp...@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:
>> Curious about how Flex Seal is will mildew, chlorine bleach (hypochorite) and
>> cracking? ...
>
>Is this that rubbery tape that sticks and seems to melt into itself? I
>used half the roll on a hose leak, which kept right on leaking. I
>returned the unused stuff to Walmart.
>
>If you're talking about something else, never mind.

I used the Gorilla equivalent of Flex Seal tape to repair a leaky rain
gutter. It is holding surprisingly well. Good thing too, since I can't
get any local gutter shops to even respond to my calls/emails, let
alone actually come out for an estimate.

Dennis (evil)
--
I'm a hands-on, footloose, knee-jerk head case. -George Carlin

The Real Bev

Dec 2, 2021, 8:22:46 PM12/2/21
I've recently become aware of the advantages of hot glue. The bar that
holds the little jars on one shelf in my refrigerator door suddenly
became too short to fit into the sockets. No idea how that happened,
but the solution was pretty easy. Especially since we've acquired a
lifetime supply of glue sticks at yard sales.

I really miss yard sales. It used to be that I'd think "I need a _____"
and I'd find one the following Saturday. We called it the Psychic
Shopping Network. I was really pissed when I had to actually buy a NEW
turkey roaster.

And don't get me started about the goddam new Samsung gas stove that
needed four repair visits to fix the same burner. Sheer luck that it
happened within the warranty period, Samsung crap usually fails just a
month or so after the warranty expires. Clearly somebody at the factory
needs to be fired.

--
Cheers, Bev
Bluetooth is especially problematic in San Francisco because it

Dennis

Dec 4, 2021, 5:16:45 PM12/4/21
On Thu, 2 Dec 2021 17:22:41 -0800, The Real Bev <bashl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>And don't get me started about the goddam new Samsung gas stove that
>needed four repair visits to fix the same burner. Sheer luck that it
>happened within the warranty period, Samsung crap usually fails just a
>month or so after the warranty expires. Clearly somebody at the factory
>needs to be fired.

We have a Samsung washing machine that has been working great for ~1.5
years. Should I be worried? ;-)

Dennis (evil)

The Real Bev

Dec 4, 2021, 5:59:31 PM12/4/21
On 12/04/2021 02:16 PM, Dennis wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Dec 2021 17:22:41 -0800, The Real Bev <bashl...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>And don't get me started about the goddam new Samsung gas stove that
>>needed four repair visits to fix the same burner. Sheer luck that it
>>happened within the warranty period, Samsung crap usually fails just a
>>month or so after the warranty expires. Clearly somebody at the factory
>>needs to be fired.
>
> We have a Samsung washing machine that has been working great for ~1.5
> years. Should I be worried? ;-)

Sucker shouldn't even be broken in yet. Shouldn't. I think my friend's
front-loader started leaking within two years.

--
Cheers, Bev
"A complete lack of evidence is the surest sign