Colombina Mega Pops recalled for possibly containing metal flakes

zeez

Oct 24, 2010, 2:47:08 AM10/24/10
http://consumerist.com/2010/10/lollipops-recalled-for-containing-metal.html

Short URL: http://con.st/10012315
recalls
Metal Flakes Found In Lollipops
By Ben Popken on October 22, 2010 12:00 PM 0 views

Better check your kids bags for Colombina Mega Pops this Halloween. A
test of the lollipops found tiny metal flakes in them. Family Dollar
has recalled the pops, which were also sold at a few other discount
stores, and the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer
Services has issued a warning.

The lollipops came in 28-oz bags with lot number 120979601171 or
ELPACK #2 on them. The bags say "MEGA POPS" on the front and
"Colombina" in the upper left hand corner.

The Department is investigating how widely distributed the pops were
and is sharing information with the FDA.

Consumers are recommended to throw the candy away or return it to the
store for a refund.

NCDA&CS issues consumer advisory after finding metal in lollipops from
South America [ncar.gov] (Thanks to Jack!)
--