Any experience with Fresh & Easy stores?

1 view

Seerialmom

Jan 29, 2008, 12:39:45 PM1/29/08
Apparently one of these Tesco owned stores is going to be opening in
the spot formerly occupied by Ralphs (formerly occupied by
Albertson's). Just wondering what the "best" items they sell are and
whether they are lower/same/higher priced than the average chain
supermarket?

Seerialmom

Mar 3, 2008, 5:27:51 PM3/3/08

I'm going to revive this question since it seems to have gotten lost
in the spam and no one answered. So...again...anyone...Beuller?

val189

Mar 3, 2008, 7:14:19 PM3/3/08

I am reading this for the second time - just where ARE these srores
located? I've never heard of 'em.

George Grapman

Mar 3, 2008, 7:45:22 PM3/3/08
I went to one several times on a recent trip to LA. Clean,wider
aisles then I am used to and a decent selection and prices. Twice I went
in after 8 p.m. and several sandwich and salad items which had been in
the 5 to 6 dollar range had been reduced to about $2.
Several people in t-shirts work as greeters/helpers/low profile
security. They keep an eye on those using the self checkout option.

Seerialmom

Mar 3, 2008, 7:47:57 PM3/3/08

Well I was hoping even if Fresh and Easy hadn't been heard of, others
might have shopped at Tesco...the parent company. I think right now
the F&E stores are only in Arizona, Nevada and Southern California;
but they're going to open quite a few in Northern California...one
right around the corner from my house. So I was hoping to get a
headstart on just how good or how bad they really are...before they
open shop.

Logan Shaw

Mar 5, 2008, 1:31:22 AM3/5/08

I have no idea. I don't even know what country a Tesco or a Ralph's
would be located in. If I had to guess, I would say Tesco is probably
in the UK, but I could easily be wrong.

- Logan

Anthony Matonak

Mar 5, 2008, 2:30:44 AM3/5/08
Logan Shaw wrote:
> Seerialmom wrote:
>> On Jan 29, 9:39 am, Seerialmom <seerial...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Apparently one of these Tesco owned stores is going to be opening in
>>> the spot formerly occupied by Ralphs (formerly occupied by
>>> Albertson's). Just wondering what the "best" items they sell are and
>>> whether they are lower/same/higher priced than the average chain
>>> supermarket?
>
> I have no idea. I don't even know what country a Tesco or a Ralph's
> would be located in.

It looks like Ralph's is located in the United States.
http://www.thekrogerco.com/

The Kroger Co. Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, (NYSE:KR)
They're one of those "We've got a finger in every pie" kind
of operation. They run a bunch of stores under the names...
Koger, Ralphs, King Soopers, City Market Dillions,
Smith's Food & Drug Stores, Fry's, Bakers,
QFC Quality Food Centers, Owen's Market, Gerbes,
JayC Food Stores, Hilander, Pay-Less Super Market,
Food 4 Less, Foods Co The Food & Drug Warehouse,
Fred Meyer, Turkey Hill, Kwik Shop, Loaf 'N Jug,
Quik Stop, Tom Thumb, Fred Meyer Jewelers,
Littman Jewelers, Barclay Jewelers,
Kroger Personal Finance.

Tesco looks like it's British but they've gone international
and have some operations in the United States.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesco

Anthony