How To Fix A Leaking Kitchen Sink Drain - Guide & Pictures

Paul Michaels

Dec 9, 2009, 10:34:58 AM12/9/09
I noticed a puddle of water behind the trash can under our kitchen
sink a few days ago. After examining the various pipes and fresh water
lines, I discovered that the metal collar nut was cracked.

I took pictures of the repair process and wrote up a quick guide.
Hopefully someone will find it to be useful. The total cost was under
$4 and took about 30 minutes.

Here's the guide - http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/How-To-Fix-A-Leaking-Sink-Drain

Cheers,
Paul Michaels
Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Al

Dec 9, 2009, 5:24:04 PM12/9/09
On Dec 9, 10:34 am, Paul Michaels <paulmichaels7...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I noticed a puddle of water behind the trash can under our kitchen
> sink a few days ago. After examining the various pipes and fresh water
> lines, I discovered that the metal collar nut was cracked.
>
> I took pictures of the repair process and wrote up a quick guide.
> Hopefully someone will find it to be useful. The total cost was under
> $4 and took about 30 minutes.
>

> Cheers,
> Paul Michaels
> Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Of course we know your objective is to drive people to your site and
test your camera work. The pictures look fine. It's your work that's
childish. Who needs to see a picture of your receipt for a plumbing
part? People who own a house should have things like Teflon tape on
hand for repairs. In my case I'd have the collar nut too. Since this
is a frugal group, I suggest that you don't need to cover the entire
area under the sink with napkins to check for leaks in the middle
under one pipe. I'd just use a pan.