Re: Free cell phones and airtime for illegal aliens!

martin

Oct 11, 2009, 9:01:42 AM10/11/09
On Oct 11, 5:49 am, "GWashingtonFan" <GWashingtonFan_USA> wrote:
> [...]
>    government."
> -- George Washington
>
>   No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
>   -- Thomas Jefferson
>
>   If the freedom of speech is taken away then
>   dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to
>   the slaughter.
>   -- George Washington
>
>   When governments fear the people there is liberty.
>   When the people fear the government there is tyranny.
>   -- Thomas Jefferson
>
>   Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a
>    standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed
>    populace.
>     -- James Madison
>
>   If the representatives of the people betray
>   their constituents, there is then no resource
>   left but in the exertion of that original
>   right of self-defense which is paramount to
>   all positive forms of government ... The
>   citizens must rush tumultuously to arms,
>   without concert, without system, without
>   resource; except in their courage and despair
>   ... The natural strength of the people in a
>   large community, in proportion to the artificial
>   strength of the government, is greater than in a
>   small ... the people, without exaggeration, may
>   be said to be entirely the masters of their own fate.
>   -- Alexander Hamilton
>
>   All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people
>   of good conscience to remain silent.
>   -- Thomas Jefferson
>
>   Every government degenerates when trusted to the
>   rulers of the people alone. The people themselves
>   are its only safe depositories.
>   -- Thomas Jefferson
>
>   As our enemies have found we can reason like men,
>   so now let us show them we can fight like men also.
>   -- Thomas Jefferson
>
>   Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act!
>   Action will delineate and define you.
>   -- Thomas Jefferson
>
>   Merchants have no country. The mere spot they
>   stand on does not constitute so strong an
>   attachment as that from which they draw their gains.
>   -- Thomas Jefferson
>
>   I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy
>   of our monied corporations which dare already to
>   challenge our government to a trial by strength,
>   and bid defiance to the laws of our country.
>   -- Thomas Jefferson
>
>   I believe that banking institutions are more
>   dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
>   -- Thomas Jefferson
>
>   Experience hath shewn, that even under the best
>   forms of government those entrusted with power
>   have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted
>   it into tyranny.
>   -- Thomas Jefferson
>
>   A Founding Father speaks out on
>   what's nowadays called "political correctness":
>
>   A Founding Father speaks out on what's nowadays
>   called "political correctness":
>
>   Do not suffer yourselves to be wheeled out of
>   your liberty to publish by any pretenses of
>   politeness, delicacy or decency. These, as they
>   are so often used, are but three different names

American citizens are wimps to tolerate the continued presence of
the invaders.

tt

http://www.numbersusa.com/ Numbers USA

mrbig

Oct 11, 2009, 10:31:46 AM10/11/09

"martin" <martin.s...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> What Would America's Founders Say?
>
> The two enemies of the people are criminals
> and government, so let us tie the second down
> with the chains of the Constitution so the
> second will not become the legalized version
> of the first.
> -- Thomas Jefferson

According to the Jefferson Encyclopedia there is no record of Thomas
Jefferson saying this in his papers nor speeches. It certianly is not
written the the style of 18th or 19th century English.

> Those who hammer their guns into plows will
> plow for those who do not.
> --Thomas Jefferson

No record of him writing or saying this one either.

> The strongest reason for the people to retain
> the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last
> resort, to protect themselves against tyranny
> in government.
> -- Thomas Jefferson

Nor this one.

> A free people ought not only to be armed and
> disciplined, but they should have sufficient
> arms and ammunition to maintain a status of
> independence from any who might attempt to
> abuse them, which would include their own
> government."
> -- George Washington

This one at least has some slight basis in reality. The actual quote:

A free people ought not only to be armed but disciplined; to which end a
uniform and well digested plan is requisite: And their safety and interest
require that they should promote such manufactories, as tend to render them
independent on others, for essential, particularly for military supplies.
---George Washington's First Annual Message to Congress (January
8, 1790)

> No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
> -- Thomas Jefferson

I suppose eventually you had to get one right. This is from an early draft
of the Virginia Constitution.

> When governments fear the people there is liberty.
> When the people fear the government there is tyranny.
> -- Thomas Jefferson

No record of Jefferson saying or writing the above quote.

I could go through the rest but what point? You are simply dishonest or
duplicitous.

Dano

Oct 11, 2009, 1:25:51 PM10/11/09

"mrbig" <mar...@hotsnail.com> wrote in message
<snip>

> > When governments fear the people there is liberty.
> > When the people fear the government there is tyranny.
> > -- Thomas Jefferson
>
> No record of Jefferson saying or writing the above quote.
>
> I could go through the rest but what point? You are simply dishonest or
> duplicitous.

Why not both?

Mrs Irish Mike

Oct 12, 2009, 1:22:52 PM10/12/09
On Oct 11, 7:31 am, "mrbig" <mark...@hotsnail.com> wrote:
> "martin" <martin.secrest...@gmail.com> wrote in message

This post needs to be on the top of these groups until "martin" goes
away. I was starting to think our founding fathers were a bunch of
hateful loons.

mrbig

Oct 12, 2009, 2:38:24 PM10/12/09

"Mrs Irish Mike" <wilm...@gmail.com> wrote in message

If you have the time, feel free. To be fair to Martin and others some are
widely accepted as actual quotes and may not represent fraud on their part
but simple ignorance and a tendency to copy the quotes without verifying.

RickMerrill

Oct 15, 2009, 9:06:13 AM10/15/09

So it is "fair" to have plagerization without verification?