"I'm a Single Person Living in NYC—Here's What I Spend on Groceries In A Week"

gggg gggg

Nov 14, 2022, 3:27:37 AM11/14/22

Dim Witte

Nov 14, 2022, 6:53:38 AM11/14/22
On Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 11:27:37 PM UTC-9, gggg gggg wrote:
> https://www.eatthis.com/weekly-grocery-spend-single-new-york-city/
I'm single and living in Anchorage, Alaska. Looked at my Frugal Living budget, it seems like I spend about $270 a month getting delivery service from Fred Meyers. Sold my car and pay no insurance, as compensation. Will take bus or taxi to grocery, etc., as needed.

Items I've just ordered from Fred Meyer delivery service include the following, some of which reflect seasonal preferences or just stocking up against more shortages and costs. I'm now on a keto diet, going without carbs or starches, but more proteins, like meats, cheese, fish, chicken, vegetables, and salads.

bacon, 4 lbs.
distilled water, 1 gallon
salads, 2 kits with dressing
hamburger, 10 lbs.
hot dogs, 8 lbs.
pumpkin pie, 2 lbs.
cauliflower and other vegetables, frozen
Total: $150

Beaver Fever

Nov 16, 2022, 9:49:12 PM11/16/22
On Monday, November 14, 2022 at 12:27:37 AM UTC-8, gggg gggg wrote:
> https://www.eatthis.com/weekly-grocery-spend-single-new-york-city/

If I could afford to live in NYC for half the year walking up and down the streets just stuffing my face and enjoying being alive I would want to live forever