Anybody Plays the McDonald's Monopoly?

wij...@yahoo.ca

Oct 21, 2007, 5:13:21 PM10/21/07
Ifyou play the McDonald's Monopoly Game then this is your chance to
make some money with me. And I am not kidding you. Below are the
ticketc that I already got. If you got the one I need let me know so
that we can talk business. I'll split 50/50 with you on all of them.

Igot "Atlantic Avenue $25,000 B15" And Marvin Gardens $25,000 B17" I
need B16 SO If you got it let me know.

I also got "B&0 Railroad $100 B25 And " Penn Railroad $100 B24" let
me know if you got B23 and B26 let me know.

I got Park Place $1,000,000 B21 I need B22 if you got it we can split
the money. No joke this is serious.

I got Pacific Avenue $50,000 B18 I need B19&B20 so if you got it let
me know so that we can split the money.

I got Indiana Avenue $10,000 B13 I need B12&B14 Let me know if you
got it.

I got St. Charles Place $1000 B06 I need B07&B08 Again let mem know
if you got them.

I got NEW YORK Avenue $5000 B11 Ineed B09&B10 LET ME KNOW IF YOU GOT
THEM. Let's make money together.

I'll split 50/50 on all of them. No kidding.

Thanks
Wijytop

wijytop

Oct 21, 2007, 5:14:27 PM10/21/07

George Grapman

Oct 21, 2007, 5:56:31 PM10/21/07
And I have am almost ready to drive BMW. I just need the engine and body.
Have you considered why is is so hard to get that on piece?

Charles Quinn

Oct 21, 2007, 6:38:57 PM10/21/07
wij...@yahoo.ca wrote in news:1193001201.846700.62040
@v29g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

If you know the rare piece and I get it, why would I split with you. All
I would need to do is hit a bunch of Micky D's till I get the rest
required.

--

Charles
The significant problems we face cannot be solved

Anthony Matonak

Oct 21, 2007, 7:35:16 PM10/21/07
Charles Quinn wrote:
> wij...@yahoo.ca wrote in news:
>
>> Ifyou play the McDonald's Monopoly Game...

> If you know the rare piece and I get it, why would I split with you. All
> I would need to do is hit a bunch of Micky D's till I get the rest
> required.

That plan would require that you invest dozens of dollars. :)

Anthony

max

Oct 21, 2007, 8:06:07 PM10/21/07
In article <1193001267.1...@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
wijytop <wij...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

I have the B16 piece! If you can send me $1400 to get it out of the US
(there are some export/border transfer issues), i think we could start
to do business.

.max

--
The part of betatron @ earthlink . net was played by a garden gnome

Logan Shaw

Oct 21, 2007, 9:33:49 PM10/21/07
George Grapman wrote:
> And I have am almost ready to drive BMW. I just need the engine and body.
> Have you considered why is is so hard to get that on piece?

IMHO, the scammer has considered how hard it is. The scam is that they
phrase their message so it looks like they have some pieces which are
hard to get. They're hoping some ignorant person who has a hard-to-get
piece but who doesn't know their piece is hard to get will say "Oh, I
have that piece! I can contact this guy and split the winnings, and it's
a done deal!" What they should really say is, "If that guy is asking for
that piece, it must be hard to get, so chances are the others are much
easier to get, and I should just go buy a bunch of stuff at McDonald's
until I get them."

The nice thing about this whole situation is that it's unlikely the
scammer will meet with any success. That's because the odds of any
random person getting the hard-to-get piece are low, and the odds of
any random person reading this message on Usenet are low as well.
Therefore, since those two probabilities are independent (as far as
I know), the chances of someone having the winning pieces *and*
reading that message on Usenet are quite slim indeed.

So the scammer has a plan which seems clever but which is almost
certainly a complete waste of time. But then that should come as no
surprise. If a scammer had brains and the ability to come up with a
plan that works, they'd get a real job.

- Logan

larry

Oct 21, 2007, 11:44:10 PM10/21/07
Logan Shaw wrote:

> So the scammer has a plan which seems clever but which is almost
> certainly a complete waste of time. But then that should come as no
> surprise. If a scammer had brains and the ability to come up with a
> plan that works, they'd get a real job.
>
> - Logan

They only print the one missing piece per puzzle near the
end of the contest term ;-)

Several years ago, the printing company of one of the chains
running a contest printed 1000's of the missing piece. They
voided the contest and sent the "winners" a coupon for a burger.

-- larry/dallas

Lisa Drake

Oct 22, 2007, 6:52:22 PM10/22/07
In article <e0VSi.15647$JD....@newssvr21.news.prodigy.net>,
larry <no...@home.com> wrote:

I'd like to see the article proving that...

Logan Shaw

Oct 22, 2007, 8:14:26 PM10/22/07

> I'd like to see the article proving that...

I can't find one for a fast food contest, but just a few months ago,
there was this:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19859090/

a grand prize of $1000. They hired a company named Force Events Direct
Marketing to print up 50,000 tickets. There was an error, and all 50,000
scratch-off tickets were grand prize winners. Oops!

- Logan

Jim Prescott

Oct 23, 2007, 5:04:28 PM10/23/07
In article <ldrake-9BE073....@earthlink.vsrv-sjc.supernews.net>,
>I'd like to see the article proving that...

I'm not sure which point you are questioning but the official rules for
McDonalds Monopoly indicate that there are a total of 3 Boardwalk
stamps that will be distributed one per week during the last 3 weeks of
the 4 week contest. Only Boardwalk has special distribution, presumably
the rest are all seeded randomly throughout the contest.
http://monopoly.corsis.com/monopoly07/page.do?page=rules_en.html

Lots of contests have had printing or technical difficulties that
forced them to change the prizes mid-game. I think Kraft had the
first major contest to go bad.

In 1989 Kraft's "Ready to Roll" promotion had a grand prize of a single
$17000 Dodge Caravan but it quickly became apparent that something had
gone terribly wrong in the printing of the winning boxes. As I recall
they went as far as trying to recall the product from grocier's shelves.
They still ended up with 10000 people thinking they had won a Caravan.

At the time I remember thinking Kraft's initial offer was pretty
generous, maybe 20? vans in random drawing of the "winners", but the
plaintiffs in the class action suit disagreed. It ended up costing
Kraft $10m. Now all competently run sweepstakes include clauses to
mitigate the damage from errors.

"Kraft Settles Over Contest", August 23 1991
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9D0CE4DD1E30F930A1575BC0A967958260

http://www.lfirm.com/CM/Publications-Contests/Daily-News-Sweeps.asp
--
Jim Prescott - Computing and Networking Group j...@seas.rochester.edu
School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, University of Rochester, NY

larry

Oct 23, 2007, 10:05:59 PM10/23/07

Thanks for the references! I don't have screen shots of the
TV news where I saw some of this stuff ;-)

-- larry / dallas

sattl...@aol.com

Oct 28, 2007, 5:40:03 AM10/28/07

I have #23 reading railroad