No Credit Score

E Z Peaces

Jan 20, 2008, 6:56:17 PM1/20/08
I've lived at the same address 25 years. I own the house and pay all
the bills. I've never changed my name, but when I asked for free credit
reports a couple of years ago, agencies told me they had no history for me.

Subsequently, my auto insurer sent me notification that I was getting
the lowest rate because I had the best possible credit rating. Now my
agent has signed me up with another company, who informs me I am paying
a high rate because no credit history is available for me.

What's going on?

sarge137

Jan 20, 2008, 7:44:27 PM1/20/08

Having no credit history is as bad, if not worse in some cases, as
having a poor history. That's why young people with no or limited
credit have such a hard time getting favorable rates on mortgages,
major loans and insurance. That insurance agent who told you having
no credit history was best was flat talking out of his (or her) butt.

Having said all that, I can't imagine how someone who has been a
homeowner and bill payer for 25 years has no credit history. I
suppose I could contrive a scenario where you were born into major
money, have been independently wealthy all your life, and have never
held a job, had a bank account or needed credit for anything.

Assuming everything you've said is 100% accurate, if I were you, I'd
be spending a lot of time with the credit bureaus finding out which
incorrect SSN my credit history is filed under.

Regards,
Sarge

hchi...@hotmail.com

Jan 20, 2008, 7:48:14 PM1/20/08
On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 18:56:17 -0500, E Z Peaces <ca...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

Does the phrase "parallel universe" mean anything to you?

Different credit reporting agencies. Get the report from the three
majors.