Boeing 737: Would you book a flight on it?

gggg...@gmail.com

May 4, 2019, 1:09:19 AM5/4/19

ItsJoan NotJoann

May 4, 2019, 2:45:39 PM5/4/19
On Saturday, May 4, 2019 at 12:09:19 AM UTC-5, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:

> https://news.google.com/search?q=boeing%20737&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Bored?

tra...@optonline.net

May 6, 2019, 6:01:47 PM5/6/19
On Saturday, May 4, 2019 at 1:09:19 AM UTC-4, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:
> https://news.google.com/search?q=boeing%20737&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

After it's fixed yes. I'm not so concerned about the specific plane,
but my faith in Boeing has been shattered. If they could design and
ship that obviously bad MCAS design, what else have they designed in
that's bad? And the pilots have so far escaped any scrutiny. The
reality is they bear a portion of the blame. You didn't have to know
anything about MCAS. The problem exhibited as runaway trim, where the
electric trim runs amok, for whatever reason. Could be a stuck button,
could be a short, in this case it was MCAS doing it. But the procedure
is the same. You turn off the electric via two switches and trim
manually. The switches are right next to the pilots in the center
console, right next to the trim wheels. The trim wheels are like 6"
in diameter and are spinning back and forth, first as MCAS pushed trim
down, then up as the pilots used their trim buttons to correct.
So, it's wildly oscillating to extreme nose down, then nose up, and?
They should know the plane can't fly like that, but it will fly all
day long with trim near zero. So, turn off the electric motor and
set it by hand.

Out of 7 pilots, 4 for sure couldn't handle it. One for sure could,
that was the extra pilot on the Lion Air flight the day before who
just happened to be in the jump seat. If not for him, that might
have been the fatal flight. And in Ethiopia, it was the young pilot
with only 200 hours that identified it and did follow the correct
procedure. But it appears the plane was trimmed so hard and going
so fast that he was unable to move the trim wheel by hand and
seconds later, it was over. Personally, I'm nore worried about the
pilots than the 737 Max. I hope this problem is limited to foreign
pilots, but good chance it's not.

gggg...@gmail.com

May 7, 2019, 1:23:44 PM5/7/19
So are we at the mercy of 'human error'?

Dennis

May 7, 2019, 4:32:03 PM5/7/19
On Tue, 7 May 2019 10:23:41 -0700 (PDT), gggg...@gmail.com wrote:

>So are we at the mercy of 'human error'?

Yes - Every. Single. Day.

Dennis (evil)

gggg...@gmail.com

May 7, 2019, 8:36:55 PM5/7/19
On Tuesday, May 7, 2019 at 10:32:03 AM UTC-10, Dennis wrote:
> On Tue, 7 May 2019 10:23:41 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
>
> >So are we at the mercy of 'human error'?
>
> Yes - Every. Single. Day.
>
> Dennis (evil)
> --
> "There is a fine line between participation and mockery" - Wally

- The older I get the more I admire and crave competence, just simple competence, in any field from adultery to zoology.

Mencken

gggg...@gmail.com

May 8, 2019, 12:36:36 AM5/8/19

gggg...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2019, 11:07:24 PM6/2/19

gggg...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2019, 11:18:48 PM6/5/19

gggg...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2019, 9:27:47 PM6/7/19

gggg...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2019, 3:08:03 AM6/14/19

gggg...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2019, 11:51:10 PM7/3/19

gggg...@gmail.com

Jul 5, 2019, 1:04:40 AM7/5/19
On Tuesday, May 7, 2019 at 7:23:44 AM UTC-10, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:
According to this recent article:

- ...It is important to remember that, just as human fallibility is
what got us into the mess of man-made climate change, so too will
humans be fallible in attempting to fix the problem.

https://www.salon.com/2019/06/30/the-problem-with-predicting-the-end-the-world/

gggg...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2019, 4:16:28 PM9/18/19

gggg...@gmail.com

Nov 15, 2019, 5:40:29 PM11/15/19

Beaver...@live.com

Nov 16, 2019, 12:27:45 PM11/16/19
Standard 737? Of course.

737 Max?

Kinda funny how most people don't think of what plane they are flying but everyone has heard of the 737MAX and no one wants to fly on one.

Whoey Louie

Nov 17, 2019, 10:19:34 AM11/17/19
It recently got worse for Boeing. They thought they had fixed just the
MCAS system and that was it. Upon testing, some new issue showed up which
now requires the flight computers to have changes made too. To do that
and certify it has added to the delay. And since they screwed up so badly
before, how much confidence should we have that they won't screw up
something again in the new work? My concern level has ticked up on any
planes that have rolled out of Boeing in the last few years. Like the 777-X.
Anyone want to be among the first to fly on that when it rolls out?
They already had to return the jet engines that the first test plane used
because there is a problem causing premature wear. Then some door blew
off during a pressure test. IDK, I used to strongly prefer taking a Boeing
plane over Airbus, but that's gone now.

Can anyone explain why that CEO is still there? I've never heard him
describe what lead to this disaster. I've never heard him describe
what internal investigation is going on, what they have done to examine
all the other airplane design and builds, what they have done to fix
whatever problems actually lead to this disaster. All I've heard is
sorry, we're fixing it.

gggg...@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2019, 6:21:03 PM11/17/19

Whoey Louie

Nov 18, 2019, 8:59:12 AM11/18/19
Exactly. Something is very, very wrong at Boeing where such obvious and
serious problems got identified, yet nothing happened. Some people should
probably go to jail. And not one word from Boeing about how the system
failed, what they've done to fix the system, etc.

Also mysteriously missing in all this is what was the root cause of the
actual two failures? It looks 99.9% like it was MCAS getting a wrong
input from the AOA sensor. But why? Why did two close to new AOA
sensors fail? Was it the AOA, the installation, wiring? What?
And if it's the AOA are they used on other planes? Does the company
that makes them have similar designs in other planes that could fail
in a similar way?

Bob F

Nov 19, 2019, 12:37:12 AM11/19/19
As I said before, the corporate structure run by bean counters has
destroyed the engineering quality. Ahhh, the wonders of capitalism!!

gggg...@gmail.com

Nov 19, 2019, 3:16:28 AM11/19/19
In a capitalist system, isn't it about profits over people?

ItsJoan NotJoann

Nov 19, 2019, 11:51:48 AM11/19/19
On Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 2:16:28 AM UTC-6, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:

> In a capitalist system, isn't it about profits over people?

What in the world would make you think that???? My next question is, how
old are you? 30, 40, 50, 60, or older? I'm asking for a reason.

gggg...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2019, 1:03:08 AM12/17/19

Whoey Louie

Dec 22, 2019, 6:33:31 PM12/22/19
Yeah, they filled up all the space with built ones, including part of
the employee parking lot. Another 100 fuselages are sitting at the
subcon in the Midwest. And they just delivered the last 737NG.
So they are done building the ones that fly and can't fly the ones
that they can build. The Starliner just screwed up too. Why is that
CEO still there?

rbowman

Dec 22, 2019, 7:57:17 PM12/22/19
The Starliner made a perfect landing in New Mexico. Admittedly the damn
thing wasn't supposed to be in New Mexico but that's better than landing
it in North Korea. I doubt the fat little guy would give it back.

gggg...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2019, 10:48:17 PM12/22/19
Boeing motto?:

- Working for B. means never having to say you're sorry.

gggg...@gmail.com

Dec 23, 2019, 8:25:26 PM12/23/19

Bob F

Dec 25, 2019, 12:25:25 PM12/25/19
He is not.

gggg...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2020, 11:38:14 PM1/7/20

blinking...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2020, 4:54:50 PM1/19/20
If it's Boeing, I ain't going.

blinking...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2020, 4:57:49 PM1/19/20
They cheaped oit but in the end it cost
WAY more than if they just built a new
airframe and pilots had to be recertified
to fly it.

Again, if it's Boeing, I ain't going.

gggg...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2020, 3:13:24 AM3/23/20
Doesn't this apply to B.?:

- So often, when financial reward is the main goal, common sense, safety, ethics and decency take flight.

Chris Day

gggg...@gmail.com

May 27, 2020, 11:22:35 PM5/27/20

gggg...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2020, 10:43:52 AM9/16/20

gggg...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2020, 8:22:27 PM9/16/20

Edward Jackson

Sep 18, 2020, 7:39:30 PM9/18/20
Final warning, these posts are not appropriate for this group.

gggg gggg

Jul 2, 2021, 2:45:08 PM7/2/21

gggg gggg

Jul 10, 2021, 12:20:07 AM7/10/21
On Friday, May 3, 2019 at 10:09:19 PM UTC-7, wrote:
> https://news.google.com/search?q=boeing%20737&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

The following 2019 article asks:

- Should Boeing be subject to a regulatory hammer on par with anti-trust legislation for cutting corners on their planes that would later drop out of the sky?

https://www.pastemagazine.com/politics/capitalism/capitalisms-fatal-flaw-is-something-so-simple-anyo/

gggg gggg

Oct 15, 2021, 12:03:20 AM10/15/21

Beaver Fever

Nov 14, 2021, 5:49:48 PM11/14/21
In my excitement over finding cheap Southwest nonstop from Burbank to Austin and then Austin to Fort Lauderdale I never even checked it they were 737-MAX

(I usually book thru Amex with plane type front and center)

gggg gggg

Dec 18, 2021, 5:01:10 AM12/18/21
On Friday, May 3, 2019 at 7:09:19 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> https://news.google.com/search?q=boeing%20737&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

(Youttube upload):

Boeing's Fatal Flaw (full documentary) | FRONTLINE

gggg gggg

Dec 25, 2021, 12:31:51 AM12/25/21
On Friday, May 3, 2019 at 10:09:19 PM UTC-7, wrote:
> https://news.google.com/search?q=boeing%20737&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Flying Blind: The 737 MAX Tragedy and the Fall of Boeing (2021 book):

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/flying-blind-peter-robison/1138707049?ean=9780385546492
Message has been deleted

gggg gggg

Dec 25, 2021, 12:41:52 AM12/25/21
(Youtube upload):

gggg gggg

Dec 25, 2021, 12:42:56 AM12/25/21
(Recent Youtube upload):

Book Argues Focus on Profit Led to Deadly Boeing Crashes

gggg gggg

Feb 22, 2022, 7:12:30 PM2/22/22
On Friday, May 3, 2019 at 10:09:19 PM UTC-7, wrote:
> https://news.google.com/search?q=boeing%20737&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

(Recent Youtube upload):

Beaver Fever

Feb 23, 2022, 6:39:56 PM2/23/22
If you don't know how to post YouTube links ask someone smarter than you to show you. Could be anyone really.

gggg gggg

Mar 21, 2022, 2:10:51 PM3/21/22

gggg gggg

May 5, 2022, 9:17:22 PM5/5/22
On Friday, May 3, 2019 at 10:09:19 PM UTC-7, @gmail.com wrote:
> https://news.google.com/search?q=boeing%20737&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

(Recent Youtube upload):

USAir Flight 427: The Boeing 737's Deadly Design Flaw | Mayday | Wonder

Beaver Fever

May 6, 2022, 12:59:59 PM5/6/22
I am flying Southwest to Oakland on Sunday

Please pray for me

And ironically, American is mostly flying Airbus now

gggg gggg

Sep 22, 2022, 9:05:15 PM9/22/22

Dim Witte

Sep 23, 2022, 12:39:28 AM9/23/22
On Friday, May 3, 2019 at 9:09:19 PM UTC-8, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:
> https://news.google.com/search?q=boeing%20737&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

I doubt whether you will be told what plane is flying your ticket.

gggg gggg

Dec 19, 2022, 10:43:06 PM12/19/22

gggg gggg

Jan 1, 2023, 10:34:03 PM1/1/23
On Friday, May 3, 2019 at 10:09:19 PM UTC-7, ail.com wrote:
> https://news.google.com/search?q=boeing%20737&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

(2022 Youtube upload):

"Boeing Lobbies Gov To IGNORE Safety | Breaking Points w/James Li"

gggg gggg

Jan 19, 2023, 2:51:57 AM1/19/23

gggg gggg

Jan 30, 2023, 8:30:05 PM1/30/23