Clogged spray cans ?

1 view

A VFW

Jan 29, 2010, 7:01:07 AM1/29/10
If you have a spray paint can that doesn't anymore, maybe you didn't
invert the can and spray a bit when last finishing a job.
Try another tip that you saved from past dead cans.
or if the clog is inside the can make a jig that punctures the bottom of
the can and get ready to do some rather uncontrolled painting.
Great to keep a wheel barrow rust under control . Or.. fill in the
blank.
hey, this works for those foam in a can clogs too.

Al

Jan 29, 2010, 8:39:48 AM1/29/10

Clogged tips never happen to me because I clean the tip with acetone
or thinner after use. I keep a small plastic bottle with a tip that
exactly first over the spray inlet tube to the tip. A brief squirt
does it. This way no propellant is wasted from the can. I also keep a
stash of tips, tubes and extensions for reaching into tight places
such as to lubricate door mechanisms or rustproof inside panels.
I don't advise anybody to attempt to puncture a spray can. If
necessary, wait for the pressure to be down some if possible. Secure
the can in a vice upside down. Place a sharp awl against the center of
the can with an abundance of rags around the top and the awl. Tap the
awl sharply and hold on to those rags and wait for the pressure to
dissipate. Everything is going to get soaked with the contents
including you and maybe the ceiling. Wear full eye protection and a
respirator. You can still salvage s modicum of product.

A VFW

Jan 29, 2010, 2:53:11 PM1/29/10
In article
<653af0da-baeb-4dc0...@k41g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
Al <albu...@mailinator.com> wrote:

I use a cylinder with a sharp down the bottom.
I load it like a mortar. then I have control and at arms length I can
Paint with the dregs.
Yes, the respirator and eye protection.
but the goal is to aim it downward.
good luck , all.

Al

Jan 29, 2010, 4:11:50 PM1/29/10
On Jan 29, 2:53 pm, A VFW <georgesp...@toast.net> wrote:
> In article
> <653af0da-baeb-4dc0-aa24-3d1da8585...@k41g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,

Spray paint is 96¢ a can at Wal-Mart and it goes a long way. You could
blow more than that in thinner cleaning up the mess you are creating.
Hey, if you get a bad spray can, it is not a direct assault on your
manhood. You do not have to find a way to get over on it.