OT: The First Thing at Christmas, FMA Showed to Me

Jamie

Nov 8, 2007, 2:18:36 PM11/8/07
http://tinyurl.com/ywn4xt

Notice something?

Christopher Helms

Nov 8, 2007, 4:54:31 PM11/8/07
On Nov 8, 1:18 pm, Jamie <jann...@ihollister.net> wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/ywn4xt
>
> Notice something?

Yeah. The first line is a couple syllables short and it's throwing off
the whole thing, which would still be fairly lame even if the meter
was correct.

Steven

Nov 8, 2007, 5:38:56 PM11/8/07

WTF's an FMA

Jamie

Nov 8, 2007, 5:49:12 PM11/8/07
GMIIK! (see below)

Jamie "got me if I know" Ghione

Christopher Helms

Nov 8, 2007, 7:08:58 PM11/8/07

I have no idea. Maybe it's something that crept in from the world of
text messaging.

Buddy

Nov 8, 2007, 8:34:08 PM11/8/07
And shit! It aint even Thanksgiving yet. What's with the Xmas stuff? if
we're gonna start things this early i guess it's time to hide the Easter
Eggs.

--
Buddy
from Brooklyn

"Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we
accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory
identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost
a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest,
revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither
maintain nor deserve freedom for long."
- Congressman Ron Paul, August 9, 2004
"Christopher Helms" <Chrish...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Jamie

Nov 8, 2007, 8:46:37 PM11/8/07
On Nov 8, 5:34 pm, "Buddy" <rosieonmych...@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> And shit! It aint even Thanksgiving yet. What's with the Xmas stuff? if
> we're gonna start things this early i guess it's time to hide the Easter
> Eggs.

Don't forget the Valentines. I expect Home Good (where I work) to
start getting Valentine stuff in December once the Christmas item
shipments start dwindling. Our Halloween stuff came the last week of
June and Christmas stuff came not too long after and is still coming.
A few harvest items came and are still in the store. We got some
nutcrackers that seem more like something for St. Patrick's Day (they
wear green and are decorated with shamrocks) and that's not even until
March! It's only two weeks until Thanksgiving. Yet I'm planing to
get Christmas presents before this month is over to avoid the
stressful December rushes in stores. And with the special 20%
employee discount this weekend (our employee discount is normally 10%)
how can I resist trying to find a few presents? But I don't want to
get too greedy about this, and unfortunately there isn't something for
everyone I need to get stuff for at my store.

There are no sales at the store where I work, but merchandise gets
marked down after a few months. since there are no sales, we don't
expect to have a big crowd the day after Thanksgiving. it wasn't
that busy last year on that date. And we're across the street from
Wal-Mart, which no doubt was busy that day last year and again this
year.

Jamie "expecting it again" Ghione

Steven

Nov 8, 2007, 9:41:12 PM11/8/07
On Nov 8, 6:34 pm, "Buddy" <rosieonmych...@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> And shit! It aint even Thanksgiving yet. What's with the Xmas stuff? if
> we're gonna start things this early i guess it's time to hide the Easter
> Eggs.
>
> --
> Buddy
> from Brooklyn
>
> "Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we
> accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory
> identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost
> a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest,
> revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither
> maintain nor deserve freedom for long."
> - Congressman Ron Paul, August 9, 2004"Christopher Helms" <Chrishelms...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> WTF's an FMA
>
> > I have no idea. Maybe it's something that crept in from the world of
> > text messaging.- Hide quoted text -

Buy tubed radios early or they won't be Christmas gifts but birthday
gifts instead!

Steven

Nov 8, 2007, 9:43:10 PM11/8/07

If you celebrate being free of the EX, no shopping needed.

Probably some decent alcohol the first day, but then it's low-rent.

davefromhome

Nov 8, 2007, 10:02:18 PM11/8/07

Hey man I am already done with Xmas prep and I am on to easter.

Dave

On Nov 8, 8:34 pm, "Buddy" <rosieonmych...@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> And shit! It aint even Thanksgiving yet. What's with the Xmas stuff? if
> we're gonna start things this early i guess it's time to hide the Easter
> Eggs.
>
> --
> Buddy
> from Brooklyn
>
> "Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we
> accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory
> identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost
> a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest,
> revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither
> maintain nor deserve freedom for long."

> - Congressman Ron Paul, August 9, 2004"Christopher Helms" <Chrishelms...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> WTF's an FMA
>
> > I have no idea. Maybe it's something that crept in from the world of

Jamie

Nov 8, 2007, 10:37:19 PM11/8/07
On Nov 8, 7:02 pm, davefromhome <dvdspie...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey man I am already done with Xmas prep and I am on to easter.

What? No Valentines? And no green for St. Patrick's Day? I hope
you don't get pinched or even threatened with a pinch. Never mind New
Years, I can't even have a party for my birthday (January 11) since
it's too soon after Christmas.

Jamie "a mini-Scrooge?" Ghione

Steven

Nov 8, 2007, 11:17:00 PM11/8/07

Certainly you can combine it with the MLK Human Rights Celebration?

Steven

Nov 8, 2007, 11:21:58 PM11/8/07

Did you place in the Halloween costume contest? If you do say no,
don't ever sweat it...there's always a devil costume with bare cheeks
and three breasts there to beat you (this is a true story).

cathy

Nov 8, 2007, 11:22:14 PM11/8/07

FMA=full metal alchemist. it's some anime thing.

URBANDICTIONARY.COM is your friend

Steven

Nov 8, 2007, 11:25:25 PM11/8/07
On Nov 8, 9:22 pm, cathy <cwell...@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 14:38:56 -0800, Steven

It had better be teh shit cuz Google won't hookup for the evening, see?

Jamie

Nov 8, 2007, 11:27:04 PM11/8/07
No, I never got to make that costume. I wasn't happy about it and was
ready to resort to nothing. But I did do something else. I was
afraid I would not ever want to do the seven deadly sisn aagain, but
decided to try again. Will get started early next year.

Jamie "will be working piece by piece next year" Ghione

davefromhome

Nov 9, 2007, 1:29:59 AM11/9/07

Don't need to plan for Valentines Day (Don't worry, I have something
for my wife though), don't need to plan for St Patty's Day and I'd be
happy to celebrate your big day on January 11. But don't forget
easter is very early this year, so my schedule is already whacked
out. plus I have to begin to marshall all of my psychic energy for
baseball season.

Dave

Steven

Nov 9, 2007, 2:23:54 AM11/9/07

Rah Rah Whomever!

Morphy's ghost

Nov 9, 2007, 8:19:13 AM11/9/07

"Steven" <thisjukebo...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I'm sure you must have meant the first week instead of the first day.

Audie Murphy's Ghost

Nov 9, 2007, 9:27:47 AM11/9/07
In article <1194589799.5...@o80g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
davefromhome <dvdsp...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I'm also a January 11, and I stopped even pretending to celebrate it
years ago. When I was a kid, there weren't any toys left in the
stores, so presents tended to be books and underwear. Everybody's
still in post-holiday depression mode on January 11, and the weather
tends to be terrible. I just ignore the day now, which drives my wife
a little nuts every year, but it's my non-party and I can whine if I
want to.

It's St. Paddy's Day, BTW, and not Patty. Paddy is the diminutive form
of Patrick. Patty is some girl's identical cousin.

Steven

Nov 9, 2007, 3:14:45 PM11/9/07
On Nov 9, 6:19 am, "Morphy's ghost" <noth...@elsewhere.com> wrote:
> "Steven" <thisjukeboxplays33...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

What're you gonna do if you lose your shit job to a shit marriage?
Connect them dots.

Steven

Nov 9, 2007, 3:15:55 PM11/9/07
On Nov 9, 7:27 am, Audie Murphy's Ghost <takebackamer...@2008.com>
wrote:
> In article <1194589799.530213.161...@o80g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,

Who is damn good with automatic weapons in banks.

Captain AMYrica

Nov 9, 2007, 11:46:11 PM11/9/07
"Jamie" <jan...@ihollister.net> wrote in message

Full Metal Alchemist
One of the better Anime.

xponent
Hohenhiem Maru
rob

Jamie

Nov 10, 2007, 2:30:23 AM11/10/07

> I'm also a January 11, and I stopped even pretending to celebrate it
> years ago. When I was a kid, there weren't any toys left in the
> stores, so presents tended to be books and underwear. Everybody's
> still in post-holiday depression mode on January 11, and the weather
> tends to be terrible. I just ignore the day now, which drives my wife
> a little nuts every year, but it's my non-party and I can whine if I
> want to.
Read here. I asked these questions:
http://tinyurl.com/2lvkd2
http://tinyurl.com/yobaml

What do you think?

Jamie "do you agree?" Ghione

Buddy

- Congressman Ron Paul, August 9, 2004

"davefromhome" <dvdsp...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Buddy

- Congressman Ron Paul, August 9, 2004

Buddy

- Congressman Ron Paul, August 9, 2004

"Jamie" <jan...@ihollister.net> wrote in message

Steven

Nov 10, 2007, 10:56:33 AM11/10/07
On Nov 10, 5:19 am, "Buddy" <rosieonmych...@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> No, not THAT one. I think he was refering to a girl who lives in Brooklyn
> Heights.
>
> --
> Buddy
> from Brooklyn
>
> "Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we
> accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory
> identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost
> a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest,
> revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither
> maintain nor deserve freedom for long."
> - Congressman Ron Paul, August 9, 2004"Steven" <thisjukeboxplays33...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Ms. H COULDA BEEN from Brooklyn...

Steven

Nov 10, 2007, 10:58:31 AM11/10/07
On Nov 10, 5:22 am, "Buddy" <rosieonmych...@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> My sister's birthday, and now my grandson's is December 27. You wanna talk
> about getting screwed?! "Here's your Christmas AND birthday gift!"

My birthday is June 26, so I spread it out every six month even.

Buddy

Nov 11, 2007, 8:53:01 AM11/11/07
Nah! In Brooklyn we rarely miss. Unless of course it's a rapper holding the
gun. I was talking about "Meet Cathy who's been most everywhere, from
Zanzibar to Barkley Square. But Patty's only seen the sights a girl can see
from Brooklyn Heights.... They're cousins, identical cousins....."

- Congressman Ron Paul, August 9, 2004

Buddy

- Congressman Ron Paul, August 9, 2004

Buddy

- Congressman Ron Paul, August 9, 2004

Steven

Nov 11, 2007, 1:26:18 PM11/11/07
On Nov 11, 6:53 am, "Buddy" <rosieonmych...@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> Gee, that's cool. How did you arrange that? LOL
>
> --
> Buddy
> from Brooklyn
>
> "Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we
> accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory
> identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost
> a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest,
> revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither
> maintain nor deserve freedom for long."
> - Congressman Ron Paul, August 9, 2004"Steven" <thisjukeboxplays33...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On Nov 10, 5:22 am, "Buddy" <rosieonmych...@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
>
> >> My sister's birthday, and now my grandson's is December 27. You wanna
> >> talk
> >> about getting screwed?! "Here's your Christmas AND birthday gift!"
>
> > My birthday is June 26, so I spread it out every six month even.

---I--- didn't arrange ANYTHING...I just showed up at about 7:30 in
the morning at Mercy Hospital!