lawyer

thac...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2009, 9:16:37 PM1/13/09
I need an attorney to fight the county

John A. Weeks III

Jan 13, 2009, 10:07:41 PM1/13/09
In article
<75067b67-514e-4994...@f3g2000vbf.googlegroups.com>,
thac...@gmail.com wrote:

> I need an attorney to fight the county

You can check your local yellow pages or call the local bar
association to see if they have a referral service in your
area.

-john-

John A. Weeks III           612-720-2854            jo...@johnweeks.com
Newave Communications                         http://www.johnweeks.com

Stray Dog

Jan 13, 2009, 10:10:55 PM1/13/09

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009, thac...@gmail.com wrote:

> Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 18:16:37 -0800 (PST)
> From: thac...@gmail.com
> Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
> Subject: lawyer

> I need an attorney to fight the county

First, you need to find out if the laws are set up in any way to keep you
from fighting the county.

Second, post your problem to NGs: misc.law, and misc.law.moderated and see
what you get.

Third, you'd better read some books out of your local public library
and/or find a legal aid for the poor, first, and see if they can help you.

Four, remember that lawyers are mainly interested in makine money, and
secondarily interested in providing some service to you which will not be
guaranteed, but they will guarantee that you pay their bill. To some
degree, lawyers are not mainly, but completely, interested in nothing but
making money.

Five, check out www.nolopress.com, a publisher of legal guides for the
layperson where the authors are lawyers dedicated to actually helping
laypeople without gouging them. They have been sued by the ABA for
contributing to the avoidance of high lawyer fees.

Six, understand that lawyer billing practices often involve padding the
bill.

Seven, find out if there are any appeal processes or alternative dispute
resolution routes to whatever your problem is.