Another good product/deal GONE!!

SPAM@verizon.net Anthony Diodati

Aug 24, 2008, 5:23:19 PM8/24/08
Dollar General brand paper towels, cost $1.00.
Used to be a damm good product. Just brought a roll today, they are not
worth a DAMM!
Knew when they changed the wrapper, then picked it up, seemed lighter.
Got it home, they are smaller and thinner. Again, not worth a DAMM!
You can't get a good deal on nothing anymore.

Ate at Wendy's today, got the jr. cheeseburger. Those things used to be
pretty good.
Now I swear, they are making the patties thinner. Looks to be about 1/8"
thick.
Last time I was there, I got a 1/4 pounder single, looked like the patties
you USED to get on the jr. cheeseburger.
What a world anymore!!
Tony

Al Bundy

Aug 25, 2008, 9:48:18 AM8/25/08
On Aug 24, 5:23 pm, "Anthony Diodati" <mrbreezeet1NO S...@verizon.net>
wrote:

Tony, it's healthier for you to eat less at Wendy's anyway. So that's
a good thing.

Marketing has always been about trying to get more out of customers
and providing less. It's our job to be vigilant and seek out the deals
where they exist. The menu changes all the time. If a store doesn't
offer enough bargains for me to shop there, I write them off and don't
go back. Dollar General and Family Dollar are in that category for me.
Dollar Tree is the best and certain independent dollar stores have
specialized items. I wrote Meijer off a long time ago too when they
raised prices and never failed to have scanning errors in their favor.

SPAM@verizon.net Anthony Diodati

Aug 26, 2008, 11:29:57 PM8/26/08

"Al Bundy" <MSfo...@mcpmail.com> wrote in message

> On Aug 24, 5:23 pm, "Anthony Diodati" <mrbreezeet1NO S...@verizon.net>
> wrote:
>> Dollar General brand paper towels, cost $1.00.
>> Used to be a damm good product. Just brought a roll today, they are not
>> worth a DAMM!
>> Knew when they changed the wrapper, then picked it up, seemed lighter.
>> Got it home, they are smaller and thinner. Again, not worth a DAMM!
>> You can't get a good deal on nothing anymore.
>>
>> Ate at Wendy's today, got the jr. cheeseburger. Those things used to be
>> pretty good.
>> Now I swear, they are making the patties thinner. Looks to be about 1/8"
>> thick.
>> Last time I was there, I got a 1/4 pounder single, looked like the
>> patties
>> you USED to get on the jr. cheeseburger.
>> What a world anymore!!
>> Tony
>
> Tony, it's healthier for you to eat less at Wendy's anyway. So that's
> a good thing.

I know it is, I'm just saying.
Seems like ever since the gas went up, everything else went to hell.
Tony

DemoDisk

Aug 27, 2008, 1:29:31 AM8/27/08

"Anthony Diodati" <mrbreezeet1NO SP...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Wal-Mart's canned tuna re-appeared on its usual shelf after a mysterious
abscence of about two weeks. After buying several at the usual price, I
noticed they're now FIVE ounce cans, instead of six.

SPAM@verizon.net Anthony Diodati

Aug 28, 2008, 12:30:52 AM8/28/08

"DemoDisk" <pac...@nospam.com> wrote in message

Yea, I see My wal- mart(don't know about all of them) no longer has there
version of miracle whip. I liked it better than miracle whip.
Tony

SPAM@verizon.net Anthony Diodati

Aug 29, 2008, 3:20:45 PM8/29/08

"Anthony Diodati" <mrbreezeet1NO SP...@verizon.net> wrote in message
Now I see dollar general no longer carries the clover valley brand of chunky
soup.
It was a dollar a can and was pretty good.
Tony