Sending Undercover Cyclists Out There

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 15, 2011, 9:57:23 AM3/15/11
(I want particular attention to this issue, which I haven't seen
addressed in these forums. Forget about prostitution and drugs. The
real issue is bike safety)

On Mar 15, 9:00 am, Duane Hebert <nob...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> On 3/14/2011 8:32 PM, T m Sherm n _ > wrote:

> >> Sure. Not sure when that would happen though.
>
> > Makes more sense to lobby for, than for separate and unequal facilities.
>
> Bike lanes are unequal. They give me the same right to use as a regular
> lane gives a motorist and additionally prevent the motorist from access.
> I like the idea.

I agree that they are necessary on many roads or that they could work
to bring people out, but first we solve the mystery of why they
disappear into thin air...

They go for a short distance, then you are on own your own in enemy
territory. Are the designers reckless or stupid? I guess there's a
difference b/ the two terms: reckless is when they don't care because
they don't ride it. Is someone trying to score points by counting the
miles of bike lanes in a given city?

And another problem is the lack of enforcement...

http://miami.mybikelane.com/

THE ONLY SOLUTION IS TO SEND UNDERCOVER CYCLISTS ON THE ROAD. Those
bipedal cops are already out there but they are doing something else.

Don't worry about budget. We take the agents from prostitution and
narcotics, and I'm sure they can catch plenty of unlawful drivers to
feed the city coffers, which is the bottom line, right?

http://webspawner.com/users/BIKEFORPEACE

Mike A Schwab

Mar 15, 2011, 3:40:44 PM3/15/11
On Mar 15, 8:57 am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the
> http://webspawner.com/users/BIKEFORPEACE- Hide quoted text -

Sharrows should be required in the outside lane whenever you apply
paint to the road surface. Bicycle with a slash across it where they
are not permitted.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 15, 2011, 4:45:29 PM3/15/11
> >http://webspawner.com/users/BIKEFORPEACE-Hide quoted text -

> Sharrows should be required in the "outside lane" whenever you apply
> paint to the road surface.  Bicycle with a slash across it where they
> are not permitted.

You mean inside lane, right? That's also proper, and should encourage
the cyclist to TAKE THE LANE, which is the best approach.

Mr Pounder

Mar 15, 2011, 5:09:59 PM3/15/11

Campaign" <comandan...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> (I want particular attention to this issue, which I haven't seen
> addressed in these forums. Forget about prostitution and drugs. The
> real issue is bike safety)
>
> <snip>

FOAD wacko.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 15, 2011, 7:01:53 PM3/15/11
On Mar 15, 5:09 pm, "Mr Pounder" <MrPoun...@RationalThought.com>
wrote:
> "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the BullshitCampaign" <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > (I want particular attention to this issue, which I haven't seen
> > addressed in these forums. Forget about prostitution and drugs. The
> > real issue is bike safety)
>
> > <snip>
>
> FOAD wacko.

http://img.wendmag.com/uploads/guns-and-bikes.jpg

Actually I find those cops chasing prostitution and drugs more wacko.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 15, 2011, 7:08:33 PM3/15/11
On Mar 15, 5:53 pm, Frank Galikanokus <FrankGalikano...@nospam.net>
wrote:
> "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, aka Comandante Banana" wrote:

> > > They give you the right to use the bike lane. They tend to take away
> > > your right to use the rest of the road - for example, to merge left
> > > for turns, to avoid parked car doors, to avoid debris or potholes.
>
> > > Sure, you can still merge out over the line; but in some places you'll
> > > be ticketed for doing so.
>
> > > Sure, you may fight the ticket. You might even win; but you'll still
> > > be out the time and aggravation.
>
> > > But even more sure, the lane does _not_ prevent the motorist from
> > > access. Any painted line you can ride over, a motorist can drive
> > > over. Your dreaded attack from the rear is still possible.

> > > We know. But it still makes little sense.
>
> > >http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://commuteorlando.com/wordpress/...
>
> > >http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pete.me...
>
> > >http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://www.humantransport.org/bicycl...
>
> > > - Frank Krygowski
>
> > I quote:
>
> > The city hopes the new lanes will help Charleston motorists remember
> > that they are sharing the road with cyclists. “These bicycle guide
> > markings will create a designated place for bicyclists to ride
> > safely,” says Mayor Joe Riley. “Cyclists operating carefully and
> > motorists operating carefully can coexist in a wonderful urban
> > environment.”
>
> > ***
>
> > It's gonna be a hard sale, but inviting the Mayor and the rest of the
> > city planners to ride on said bike lanes once a week or at least once
> > a month, should go a long way toward SAFE BIKE LANES.
>
> > Say the voters make that a campaign issue.
>
> It seams that share the road is a one way street.
>
> Cyclists routinely run stop signs and red lights. They ride in any lane they chose, even
> bus lanes and sidewalks and pass on the white lines between traffic.
>
> Ya gotta love em cause you can't run em over.
>
> JAM

Actually many cyclists get run over, both reckless and law abiding.
Most though are intimidated onto sidewalks where they in turn
intimidate pedestrians.