Frugal BBQ Grill

Bill

Nov 6, 2007, 7:53:58 AM11/6/07
I bought a BBQ at walmart which has a very deep area inside it for charcoal.
Almost a foot deep from inside bottom to rack! (Many of the BBQ's have a
very shallow area for charcoal, but there is one model which is this deep.)

But I do not use charcoal in my BBQ grill. Instead I use firewood. And since
I have a wood stove, I have plenty of firewood.

The best part of my BBQ and cooking with wood is the flavor. Very good!
(Don't use used construction wood like pressure treated as this wood has
nasty chemicals in it.)

The best time to buy a BBQ at Walmart is in the winter just before spring.
They always seem to have the summer stuff in the winter and the winter stuff
in the summer...

Jo in Ok

Nov 7, 2007, 10:16:04 AM11/7/07

little toots here-also got a BBQ grill from Wallyworld but it was a
cheapo at $20-what did yours cost?
I wanted one to use with charcoal-dh has a big smoker that he uses
fruit tree wood in(the ones that
decided not to produce anymore)...I also have a gas BBQ er..Jo ;)
....did I mentioned I mostly read this place off and on-live in
OKlahoma and on a dirt/gravel road
in the country part....
involved in a neighborhood association...it is also a dead end road so
people living here fork over
$180 a year to help pay for gravel on the road-wherever it needs it at
the time-many neighbors also
have tractors and work together to keep road looking good -have to
anyway for the school buses...