In the era of the Land Crushers, I ride a WWII bike!

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 23, 2010, 9:35:32 PM4/23/10
"The Kilroy Cruiser features WWII Themed Graphics with the legendary
Kilroy Graffiti that showed up everywhere during the war. The frame of
this beach cruiser is painted in US Army Olive Green with military
themed accents."

http://www.commuterbikestore.com/all-bikes/nirve-bikes/nirve-kilroy-bike.html

***

Do you think it'll help drive the point that SUVs are history, or
they'll just think I'm an asshole to ride on the street. Very deep
question,
huh?

THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS

"Get your ass on the road and join the revolution!"

Forrest Hodge

Apr 28, 2010, 5:07:42 PM4/28/10

$380 + $50 shipping for single speed bicycle? No thanks. You can pick up
a used Honda Rebel for that much.

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 28, 2010, 6:02:43 PM4/28/10
On Apr 28, 2:07 pm, Forrest Hodge <f...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/23/2010 9:35 PM, TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit wrote:
>

> > "The Kilroy Cruiser features WWII Themed Graphics with the legendary
> > Kilroy Graffiti that showed up everywhere during the war. The frame of
> > this beach cruiser is painted in US Army Olive Green with military
> > themed accents."
>
> >http://www.commuterbikestore.com/all-bikes/nirve-bikes/nirve-kilroy-b...

> > ***
>
> > Do you think it'll help drive the point that SUVs are history, or
> > they'll just think I'm an asshole to ride on the street. Very deep
> > question,
> > huh?

> > THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS
>
> > "Get your ass on the road and join the revolution!"
>
> >http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION
>
> $380 + $50 shipping for single speed bicycle? No thanks. You can pick up
> a used Honda Rebel for that much.

I'm all against Walmart quality bikes. Plus you pay for the style. How
much you pay for Jeep over a regular mundane Toyota?

Forrest Hodge

Apr 28, 2010, 9:19:45 PM4/28/10

Depends on the Jeep and Toyota. I wouldn't mind having an old FJ40 Land
Cruiser. But right now there's no SUV aside from the Gel�ndewagen on the
market that really appeals to me. If Ford were to come out with a 2 door
full-sized SUV, like a 2 door Excursion I'd be interested. But until
that happens, I'll be relying on my 15 year old/200k+ mile Bronco for my
towing/hauling/off-roading needs. I probably wouldn't go for a 2 door
Expedition. The independent rear suspension looks flimsy to me.

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 28, 2010, 9:44:12 PM4/28/10
On Apr 28, 9:19 pm, Forrest Hodge <f...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/28/2010 6:02 PM, TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit wrote:

> >> $380 + $50 shipping for single speed bicycle? No thanks. You can pick up
> >> a used Honda Rebel for that much.
>
> > I'm all against Walmart quality bikes. Plus you pay for the style. How
> > much you pay for Jeep over a regular mundane Toyota?
>
> Depends on the Jeep and Toyota. I wouldn't mind having an old FJ40 Land
> Cruiser. But right now there's no SUV aside from the Geländewagen on the

> market that really appeals to me. If Ford were to come out with a 2 door
> full-sized SUV, like a 2 door Excursion I'd be interested. But until
> that happens, I'll be relying on my 15 year old/200k+ mile Bronco for my
> towing/hauling/off-roading needs. I probably wouldn't go for a 2 door
> Expedition. The independent rear suspension looks flimsy to me.

I'd be happy with that military bike for my trailblazing on the sand,
where my better bikes would be bogged down and pitifully ruined. Well,
I have a mountain one, but I like to do it in my own style... "Indiana
Banana" with hat to beat the intense summer heat.

I'll leave the Jeep for Costa Rica.

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 28, 2010, 11:17:44 PM4/28/10
We are all playing a role in the jungle. Some play it with Stupid
Unnecessary Vehicles and never see a trail, and some like it simple
and real...

http://2009.feltracing.com/09-catalog/cruiser/three-speed-cruisers/09-mp.aspx