ENERGY WASTE: Only I, the Tibetan Monkey, see the light... and it's blinding me!

TheTibetanMonkey

Feb 11, 2010, 3:09:03 PM2/11/10
(I dedicate this post to the engineer who said we could be saving 33%
of energy without major lifestyle changes)

Well you know, in my jungle philosophy I like to talk about things
practical, and seeing so much LIGHT being wasted around me, makes me
blind and sad. I mean lights and bulbs, not enlightened paths.
Everywhere I turn it's all this waste: Two lights right in front of my
door that forced me to put cardboard on one window. And then I'm kept
away from riding a bike at night on this mixed path, where the
blinding light forces me to use sunglasses!

WHY ALL THIS WASTE IN THIS CAPITALIST JUNGLE?

But I think most mortals go around with their blinders on.

THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS:

"I only wish the path of enlightenment to be lit moderately"

Brian Elfert

Feb 11, 2010, 7:54:49 PM2/11/10
TheTibetanMonkey <comandan...@yahoo.com> writes:

>(I dedicate this post to the engineer who said we could be saving 33%
>of energy without major lifestyle changes)

>Well you know, in my jungle philosophy I like to talk about things
>practical, and seeing so much LIGHT being wasted around me, makes me
>blind and sad. I mean lights and bulbs, not enlightened paths.
>Everywhere I turn it's all this waste: Two lights right in front of my
>door that forced me to put cardboard on one window. And then I'm kept
>away from riding a bike at night on this mixed path, where the
>blinding light forces me to use sunglasses!

Complain to the owner of the street if the lights are truly blinding you.
The fixtures probably aren't designed properly and are creating glare.

I hate the amount of electricity wasted on lighting in America. Car
dealers have their lights blazing like a baseball stadium all night, but
they say they will be robbed without the lights. I highly doubt crime
would go up if only 1/3 or 1/2 of the lights are turned on after the
dealer closes.

TheTibetanMonkey

Feb 12, 2010, 6:12:17 PM2/12/10
On Feb 11, 7:54 pm, Brian Elfert <belf...@visi.com> wrote:

> TheTibetanMonkey <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> writes:
> >(I dedicate this post to the engineer who said we could be saving 33%
> >of energy without major lifestyle changes)
> >Well you know, in my jungle philosophy I like to talk about things
> >practical, and seeing so much LIGHT being wasted around me, makes me
> >blind and sad. I mean lights and bulbs, not enlightened paths.
> >Everywhere I turn it's all this waste: Two lights right in front of my
> >door that forced me to put cardboard on one window. And then I'm kept
> >away from riding a bike at night on this mixed path, where the
> >blinding light forces me to use sunglasses!
>
> Complain to the owner of the street if the lights are truly blinding you.
> The fixtures probably aren't designed properly and are creating glare.

The light in front of my apartment is "set" (two bulbs and no less) by
the owners' board, and we tenants have no saying in it or so it seems.
The lighting on the mixed path was designed by some contractor in
order to milk the golden cow of government funds. Again I got no
saying on it, and I've been complaning about this issue at my local
forum, with no "visible" consequences.

> I hate the amount of electricity wasted on lighting in America.  Car
> dealers have their lights blazing like a baseball stadium all night, but
> they say they will be robbed without the lights.  I highly doubt crime
> would go up if only 1/3 or 1/2 of the lights are turned on after the
> dealer closes.

It seems they don't see any wrong with that, and nobody seems to care
either. The blinders seem to be working. ;)