Future for American Workers

waldo88

Mar 10, 2009, 8:28:46 PM3/10/09
http://www.americanworker.org/

How long will Americans tolerated jobs being taken by immigrants?

mitch

John A. Weeks III

Mar 10, 2009, 8:52:04 PM3/10/09
In article
<01fa5e5b-2fcc-4055...@p20g2000yqi.googlegroups.com>,
waldo88 <hp...@lycos.com> wrote:

> How long will Americans tolerated jobs being taken by immigrants?

That is not an issue. America is a nation of immigrants. You
should visit the US some time and see how it works.

-john-

John A. Weeks III           612-720-2854            jo...@johnweeks.com
Newave Communications                         http://www.johnweeks.com

Dan Birchall

Mar 11, 2009, 12:27:34 AM3/11/09
hp...@lycos.com (waldo88) wrote:
> How long will Americans tolerated jobs being taken by immigrants?

I figure it'll last 'til two things happen, kind of at opposite ends
of the spectrum.

1. More Americans pursue training in STEM (Science, Technology,
Engineering and Math) so that the US has enough highly skilled
people to meet demand domestically.

2. More Americans become desperate enough to take low-paying jobs
that frequently are given to immigrants now - laborers, agriculture,
food service, child care, et cetera.

As long as the majority of Americans aren't poor enough to be desperate,
or smart enough to do the highly-skilled jobs, I don't see it changing.

And yes, I know you're a troll, but I'm answering anyway.

--
"The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the
surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90

Rod Speed

Mar 11, 2009, 12:29:44 AM3/11/09
waldo88 wrote:

> http://www.americanworker.org/

Thats mispelt, its actually
http://www.americanwanker.org/

> How long will Americans tolerated jobs being taken by immigrants?

Forever, just like they always have. They get to like it or lump it, as always.

Rod Speed

Mar 11, 2009, 12:33:03 AM3/11/09
Dan Birchall wrote
> hp...@lycos.com (waldo88) wrote

>> How long will Americans tolerated jobs being taken by immigrants?

> I figure it'll last 'til two things happen, kind of at opposite ends of the spectrum.

> 1. More Americans pursue training in STEM (Science,
> Technology, Engineering and Math) so that the US has
> enough highly skilled people to meet demand domestically.

That wont ever happen.

> 2. More Americans become desperate enough to take
> low-paying jobs that frequently are given to immigrants now
> - laborers, agriculture, food service, child care, et cetera.

Wont happen either, particularly with the worst jobs.

It didnt even happen with the military.

> As long as the majority of Americans aren't poor enough to be desperate,
> or smart enough to do the highly-skilled jobs, I don't see it changing.

Even if both did happen, there would still be lots of immigration, because thats
the way america has always worked and that wont be changing any century soon.

Message has been deleted

Daniel T.

Mar 11, 2009, 8:49:41 AM3/11/09
waldo88 <hp...@lycos.com> wrote:

> How long will Americans tolerated jobs being taken by immigrants?

I think it's safe to say that the american nations (Creek, Cherokee,
Navajo, Seminole, Sioux, etc...) tolerated it until it was too late.

Rod Speed

Mar 11, 2009, 2:44:31 PM3/11/09
josej...@ssnet.net wrote:
> What happened to the good old days when we blamed it all on the Jews?

Some damned krauts got rid of most of them.

waldo88

Mar 12, 2009, 7:07:14 AM3/12/09
On Mar 10, 5:52 pm, "John A. Weeks III" <j...@johnweeks.com> wrote:
> In article
> <01fa5e5b-2fcc-4055-84a9-33ce5783b...@p20g2000yqi.googlegroups.com>,

>  waldo88 <hp...@lycos.com> wrote:
> > How long will Americans tolerated jobs being taken by immigrants?
>
> That is not an issue.  America is a nation of immigrants.  You
> should visit the US some time and see how it works.
>
> -john-
>
> --
> John A. Weeks III           612-720-2854            j...@johnweeks.com

> Newave Communications                        http://www.johnweeks.com

"Nation of immigrants" an outmoded cliche. America used to consider
DDT as a miracle compound;
used radium on wrist watch numbers, etc, etc, etc.

mitch

The Real Bev

Mar 13, 2009, 1:54:01 AM3/13/09
waldo88 wrote:

> On Mar 10, 5:52 pm, "John A. Weeks III" <j...@johnweeks.com> wrote:
>> waldo88 <hp...@lycos.com> wrote:
>> > How long will Americans tolerated jobs being taken by immigrants?

How long will we tolerate the abuse of our language by whiners?

>> That is not an issue. America is a nation of immigrants. You
>> should visit the US some time and see how it works.
>

> "Nation of immigrants" an outmoded cliche. America used to consider
> DDT as a miracle compound;

It was, unless you're a bird and intend to reproduce.

> used radium on wrist watch numbers, etc, etc, etc.

You forgot playing with liquid mercury, which was plenty cool. And casting
lead. And chemistry sets that allowed you to make gunpowder. And riding a
bicycle without a helmet and body armor.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey