Maintenance of pressure cooker

Arumugham

Dec 22, 2008, 9:34:07 PM12/22/08
Clean your pressure cooker thoroughly after each use by washing and
drying.
Avoid using abrasives or metal scouring pads.
Use soap and water with a plastic scouring pad for cleaning.
Store your pressure cooker with the lid slightly open.
Replace gasket at the first sign of cracking, flaking or tearing.
Ensure all handles and knobs are securely fastened before using
pressure cooker.
Tighten nuts or screws if required.

http://usefulcookingtips.blogspot.com/2008/12/care-and-maintenance-of-pressure-cooker.html

MSfo...@mcpmail.com

Dec 23, 2008, 4:40:35 PM12/23/08
On Dec 22, 9:34 pm, Arumugham <n.arumug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Clean your pressure cooker thoroughly after each use by washing and
> drying.
> Avoid using abrasives or metal scouring pads.
> Use soap and water with a plastic scouring pad for cleaning.
> Store your pressure cooker with the lid slightly open.
> Replace gasket at the first sign of cracking, flaking or tearing.
> Ensure all handles and knobs are securely fastened before using
> pressure cooker.
> Tighten nuts or screws if required.

About 40 years ago as a test, I doubled the weight on the pressure
cap while cooking a whole chicken. The soldered pressure relief valve
blew out and almost the entire chicken exited that 1/4" hole in
seconds. I was in another room at the time. The clean-up was enough to
deter further testing of this nature. I agree. Maintenance is a good
thing.