cheapest new car

b...@coolgroups.com

Aug 8, 2007, 1:54:39 AM8/8/07
I was just wondering what the cheapest new car you can get in America
is.

Greg

Aug 8, 2007, 2:09:59 AM8/8/07
On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 22:54:39 -0700, b...@coolgroups.com wrote:

>I was just wondering what the cheapest new car you can get in America
>is.

Kia Rio, Hyundai Accent, and Toyota Yaris all start out around ten or
eleven thousand dollars US.

Greg

Anthony Matonak

Aug 8, 2007, 2:38:16 AM8/8/07
b...@coolgroups.com wrote:
> I was just wondering what the cheapest new car you can get in America
> is.

Perhaps a better question isn't what is the cheapest but what is
the most frugal. :)

Anthony

Shawn Hirn

Aug 8, 2007, 7:39:55 AM8/8/07
In article <0fnib3pnrkknbifu8...@4ax.com>,
Greg <kisme...@mypacks.net> wrote:

Yup, and this sort of thing is very easy to research online for those
who are interested. The web site at http://www.autoscoop.com lets you
put in a dollar amount or monthly payment and it will tell you the cars
you can afford based on that criteria.

Message has been deleted

Chois...@search.aol.com

Aug 8, 2007, 6:08:48 PM8/8/07
Shawn Hirn <sr...@comcast.net> in news:srhi-
ED5619.073...@newsgroups.comcast.net:

> www.autoscoop.com

i shoved low total $ and low miles inputs into the form. it gave me two 2007 trucks.
but each "total" amount was obviously a down payment ($4k and $6k).

so i guess a few of the dealers need to be more careful about data entry.

Seerialmom

Aug 8, 2007, 6:38:25 PM8/8/07

And if you want to get really cheap; Chevy Aveo (a Hyundai in
disguise) is even lower...albeit not that pretty.

Seerialmom

Aug 8, 2007, 6:39:55 PM8/8/07
On Aug 7, 11:38 pm, Anthony Matonak

I believe my Yaris HB is fairly frugal...not as frugal as my old Ford
Festiva by a few MPG, something like 3-5 as I recall.

** Frank **

Aug 9, 2007, 2:00:40 AM8/9/07

<b...@coolgroups.com> wrote in message

>I was just wondering what the cheapest new car you can get in America
> is.

I saw either the new Kia or Hyundai for around $6K a year ago. Cheap cars
may not be so cheap when you factor in insurance, maintenance, resale,
safety, etc.

John Weiss

Aug 9, 2007, 9:53:03 AM8/9/07
"** Frank **" <noe...@xyz.net> wrote...

> I saw either the new Kia or Hyundai for around $6K a year ago. Cheap cars
> may not be so cheap when you factor in insurance, maintenance, resale,
> safety, etc.

Insurance will likely be much cheaper. If you don't take out a loan for
the car, you can do without collision insurance. The difference in
liability insurance rates will not likely be more than 20%.

Maintenance can be a lot cheaper, especially with the 100,000 mile
warranties in the Korean cars...

Resale isn't a factor. Depreciation on an expensive car may be more in the
first few years than the total cost of a cheap car!

Safety? Probably can't be easily quantified...

Usene...@the-domain-in.sig

Aug 10, 2007, 3:24:10 AM8/10/07
In article <Z--dnZ9bJfELMCfb...@comcast.com>,
noe...@xyz.net says...

I suggest an old Yugo, with a new "Earl Sheib" pant job.

Just SAY it's new. After all, it's new to you, right?

And very, very cheap.

--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com/

George

Aug 10, 2007, 8:35:05 AM8/10/07
Usene...@THE-DOMAIN-IN.SIG wrote:
> In article <Z--dnZ9bJfELMCfb...@comcast.com>,
> noe...@xyz.net says...
>> <b...@coolgroups.com> wrote in message
>>> I was just wondering what the cheapest new car you can get in America
>>> is.
>

>> I saw either the new Kia or Hyundai for around $6K a year ago. Cheap cars
>> may not be so cheap when you factor in insurance, maintenance, resale,
>> safety, etc.
>

> I suggest an old Yugo, with a new "Earl Sheib" pant job.
>
> Just SAY it's new. After all, it's new to you, right?
>
> And very, very cheap.

Which leads to this thought:

How do you double the value of a Yugo?

Fill up the gas tank.

Dennis

Aug 10, 2007, 11:25:18 AM8/10/07
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 00:24:10 -0700, Usene...@THE-DOMAIN-IN.SIG
<Usene...@THE-DOMAIN-IN.SIG> wrote:

>In article <Z--dnZ9bJfELMCfb...@comcast.com>,
>noe...@xyz.net says...
>>
>> <b...@coolgroups.com> wrote in message
>> >I was just wondering what the cheapest new car you can get in America
>> > is.
>

>> I saw either the new Kia or Hyundai for around $6K a year ago. Cheap cars
>> may not be so cheap when you factor in insurance, maintenance, resale,
>> safety, etc.
>

>I suggest an old Yugo, with a new "Earl Sheib" pant job.

You mean the ones where the waistband comes up to the armpits, like
Earl used to wear in his commercials? Yeah, that combo should be a
real babe magnet!

Dennis (evil)