I sure do want my penny!

Bill

Dec 29, 2008, 10:28:34 AM12/29/08
I purchased something at a store for $1.49 and gave the cashier $1.50.

She put the money in her cash drawer and then just stared at me.

I stared back.

After about 10 seconds, she says... "Do you want your penny?"

I said.. "I sure do want my penny!"

She then reluctantly gave me my penny change...

MSfo...@mcpmail.com

Dec 29, 2008, 11:10:09 AM12/29/08

That is odd. I know a penny is not worth a cent any more, but it's the
principle of the thing. We expect our correct change. Some places
keep a donation canister there for charity in case people care to
donate excess change. The change must be offered to the customer. I
chalk it up to poor training and possibly youth. You provided no
details so that's all I can go on.

Donna

Dec 29, 2008, 11:17:08 AM12/29/08
MSfo...@mcpmail.com wrote in news:c473f1ef-d27c-42d1-9192-99897e8cd764
@d36g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

> The change must be offered to the customer. I
> chalk it up to poor training and possibly youth.

A penny is seen as 1 cent rather than 1/100 of a dollar. I want my pennies
too.

--
~Donna A~
http://www.frugalsewing.com

'nam vet.

Dec 29, 2008, 12:17:11 PM12/29/08
In article <Xns9B8372C7E78ACdo...@69.16.185.250>,
Donna <do...@ixnayontheamspaycroakerwoods.com> wrote:

> MSfo...@mcpmail.com wrote in news:c473f1ef-d27c-42d1-9192-99897e8cd764
> @d36g2000prf.googlegroups.com:
>
> > The change must be offered to the customer. I
> > chalk it up to poor training and possibly youth.
>
> A penny is seen as 1 cent rather than 1/100 of a dollar. I want my pennies
> too.

do you remember the movie starring Weird Al.? no not Gore.
VH-1
the beggar gets one penny from the rich bastard and goes into this
outrageous thank yous.
turns out the penny was very rare and valuable . funny!
--
When the Power of Love,replaces the Love of Power.
that's Evolution.

MSfo...@mcpmail.com

Dec 29, 2008, 5:03:27 PM12/29/08
On Dec 29, 11:17 am, Donna <do...@ixnayontheamspaycroakerwoods.com>
wrote:
> MSfort...@mcpmail.com wrote in news:c473f1ef-d27c-42d1-9192-99897e8cd764

> @d36g2000prf.googlegroups.com:
>
> > The change must be offered to the customer. I
> > chalk it up to poor training and possibly youth.
>
> A penny is seen as 1 cent rather than 1/100 of a dollar. I want my pennies
> too.

OK, I confess. A penny can be worth more than a penny. I have drilled
holes in a stack of them to use as back-up plates for 1/8" and 3/16"
Pop rivets. I used the old copper ones that are easier to drill.

leno...@yahoo.com

Jan 1, 2009, 6:56:37 PM1/1/09
See here for an etiquette thread I started a while back, titled: "Why
do cashiers ask 'do you want your change'?"

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan.miss-manners/browse_thread/thread/fc68c1cf9b0776f3/15b3fdc2da804c87?lnk=gst&q=less+than+a+nickel#15b3fdc2da804c87

You'll enjoy it.

Lenona.

Vic Smith

Jan 1, 2009, 7:00:27 PM1/1/09

Doubt it. Never been asked that by a cashier my entire life.
But I have had some looks of surprise when I tip fast food workers.

--Vic

suds macheath

Jan 3, 2009, 11:35:13 AM1/3/09

---Bill, are you one of those guys who carry a coin purse? Just askin'.....