Accommodating bikes and fast cars

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

May 26, 2011, 4:06:52 PM5/26/11
On May 26, 3:49 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
Philosopher" <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On May 26, 2:18 pm, Brent <tetraethylleadREMOVET...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On 2011-05-26, Harry K <turnkey4...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > On May 26, 6:29 am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
> > > Can't speak for today but back in the 60s (spent 6 years over there)
> > > the traffic mix was very fast vehicles down to things that could
> > > barely get out of their own way. How do they handle it? Very strict
> > > traffic discipline that _everybody_ (with few exceptions) observes.
>
> > And no "reasonable rate" passers. Pass and get it done quickly. None of
> > this BS about how the person who caught up is wrong, the person blocking
> > is in the wrong for not getting the pass done before other traffic
> > reached him.
>
> Exactly, no one playing vigilante.
>

> > > Memory fades - tried to recall what the truck traffic was like and I
> > > can't say yay or nay if they were allowed on the 'bahns.
>
> > I saw SUVs on the autobahn.
>
> SUVs as in Mercedes (not the square one but the fancy one) or as in
> Supersized Unnecessary Vehicles?
>
> Even a Mercedes SUV, what's the reasonable speed 80mph? A supersized
> one would cause catastrophic damage if out of control.

I think I can relate to this:

"I ride my bicycle to work every day, that keeps me healty, fit and
it's great fun, still I enjoy driving fast on the Autobahn, if
needed."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/19/autobahn-party-german-hig_n_650771.html#115624

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

May 27, 2011, 9:59:38 AM5/27/11
This ain't Germany, for sure...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2TXdLuqpSg

At least the camera doesn't humiliate and intimidate you. But some out
there who are afraid of speed cameras are into S&M. ;)

It never occurred to them that they should question the speed limits
themselves, which are after all the way the lion eats them for no good
reason. Hey, I'm talking about highway, not city streets. Communities
need more pacification.

Well, I'm a hunter after all.