Retirement plans

gggg...@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2018, 9:29:30 PM11/14/18

Cbrown24

Nov 15, 2018, 12:38:29 PM11/15/18
On Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 6:29:30 PM UTC-8, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:
> https://www.benefitspro.com/2017/01/11/socrates-was-right-you-dont-know-what-you-dont-kno/?slreturn=20181014212833

Can you just give us the Cliff notes?

Thanks,
Cbrown

catalpa

Nov 15, 2018, 8:09:00 PM11/15/18

<gggg...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:c955264a-a8c3-4a37...@googlegroups.com...
> https://www.benefitspro.com/2017/01/11/socrates-was-right-you-dont-know-what-you-dont-kno/?slreturn=20181014212833

Have to register to read it, No Thanks.

ItsJoan NotJoann

Nov 15, 2018, 10:56:32 PM11/15/18
I got the same message about registering, no thanks. Besides, the article
is almost 2 years old.

Michael Black

Nov 16, 2018, 12:24:59 PM11/16/18
Probably
1)Plan early
2)save lots of money
3)live until you can retire
4)retire and adjust to your new life

Michael

ItsJoan NotJoann

Nov 16, 2018, 2:14:38 PM11/16/18
I think you nailed it.

Michael Black

Nov 19, 2018, 3:04:45 PM11/19/18
On Sat, 17 Nov 2018, Derald wrote:
> My own retirement plan was: "Retire" at 50 and move to the "country",
> leaving behind grifters, peddlers, feather merchants and sleazy
> "planners"of all types.

It would be a lot more helpful if one knew when they'd reach last day.
It's easier to plan for a specific date than some vague date that could
vary a lot. Then you would know if you were running low, or if you were
ahead, and adjust accordingly.

The real trick is then to terminate with no money in the bank account,
unless one is planning to leave some to someone.

The disadvantage is that you know when you'll die, and that might not be a
good thing. If you go early, that's a sad thing to look forward to. If
you die late, maybe that's a good thing, maybe it's a bad thing, depending
on how one looks at it.

Michael

hchi...@hotmail.com

Nov 28, 2018, 1:30:27 PM11/28/18
Meh. I've known when I'm supposed to die for years. (Don't ask how, it wouldn't
apply to you anyway) It is amazingly freeing. The real trick is to live a good
and productive life where you continue to grow and learn and have fun. Obsessing
on an expiration date or how it all will end takes all the fun out.

One thing I do find particularly fun is running up against some doctor who
claims "If you don't take these pills, you won't be able to live to 100." It
can really piss them off when their fear game gets short-circuited.