Ordering a laptop online

gggg...@gmail.com

Sep 7, 2019, 3:15:15 PM9/7/19
Has anyone ever done that?

Or is that something one should avoid doing?

ItsJoan NotJoann

Sep 7, 2019, 4:27:13 PM9/7/19
On Saturday, September 7, 2019 at 2:15:15 PM UTC-5, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:

> Has anyone ever done that?
>
> Or is that something one should avoid doing?

No electronic stores near you??

John Weiss

Sep 7, 2019, 7:44:38 PM9/7/19
On 9/7/2019 12:15, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:
> Has anyone ever done that?
>
> Or is that something one should avoid doing?

I've done it several times. Know what you want first, though.

ItsJoan NotJoann

Sep 7, 2019, 7:52:09 PM9/7/19
On Saturday, September 7, 2019 at 6:44:38 PM UTC-5, John Weiss wrote:

> I've done it several times. Know what you want first, though.

Nailed it!

barbie gee

Sep 7, 2019, 10:40:04 PM9/7/19

On Sat, 7 Sep 2019, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:

> Has anyone ever done that?
>
> Or is that something one should avoid doing?

I've done it, actually got a refurb. Worked out fine. If you know what
you already have, and just want to replace it with better (but similar)
tech, it's not too hard.

Beaver...@live.com

Sep 7, 2019, 10:56:23 PM9/7/19
On Saturday, September 7, 2019 at 12:15:15 PM UTC-7, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:
> Has anyone ever done that?
>
> Or is that something one should avoid doing?

I've done it.

I hate laptops but need to be able to go on vacation from time to time.

Whoey Louie

Sep 8, 2019, 1:57:16 PM9/8/19
Also depends on what you mean by buying online. That could be anything
from buying a new one from HP to a used one on Ebay or Craigslist.
Any of those could be fine, it you know what you're doing, but the
CL path is obviously the most risky.

gggg...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2019, 2:57:22 AM9/17/19
On Saturday, September 7, 2019 at 9:15:15 AM UTC-10, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:
> Has anyone ever done that?
>
> Or is that something one should avoid doing?

Would you buy a laptop from a store like BEST BUY?

gggg...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2019, 3:21:41 AM9/17/19
On Saturday, September 7, 2019 at 9:15:15 AM UTC-10, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:
> Has anyone ever done that?
>
> Or is that something one should avoid doing?

https://ca.style.yahoo.com/forget-black-friday-amazons-bestselling-laptops-are-a-il-under-300-right-now-203230964.html

John Weiss

Sep 17, 2019, 12:14:36 PM9/17/19
On 9/16/2019 23:57, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:

> Would you buy a laptop from a store like BEST BUY?

Why not? Do some research to decide what you need, then find one that
meets your criteria. Be careful of the add-on warranties, though. Some
are too expensive to be useful.

ItsJoan NotJoann

Sep 17, 2019, 2:20:03 PM9/17/19
Great advice and my very first laptop came from Best Buy and it really was a great one. When I bought it I got 18 months free financing but paid it off
in 12 months.