Batteries

gggg gggg

Mar 8, 2021, 6:12:47 PM3/8/21
If you have tried rechargable batteries, what brand do you recommend?

gggg gggg

Mar 8, 2021, 6:38:57 PM3/8/21
On Monday, March 8, 2021 at 3:12:47 PM UTC-8, wrote:
> If you have tried rechargable batteries, what brand do you recommend?

Best AA batteries:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbes-personal-shopper/2021/02/16/best-aa-batteries/?sh=3ea4a6707f3b

John Weiss

Mar 8, 2021, 7:31:39 PM3/8/21
On 03/08/21 15:12, gggg gggg wrote:
> If you have tried rechargable batteries, what brand do you recommend?

Panasonic Eneloop Pro

The Real Bev

Mar 9, 2021, 12:46:24 AM3/9/21
The Duracell equivalents suck badly.

--
Cheers, Bev
You need only three tools: WD-40, duct tape and a hammer. If it doesn't

Beaver Fever

Mar 9, 2021, 9:43:07 AM3/9/21
Kirkland brand was always good for me

Never ever cheapo 99cents store brand, especially if you are running portable recording equipment in the field and need more than 45 mins

Fake ID

Mar 14, 2021, 12:55:49 AM3/14/21
In article <c9b9e478-4f14-4c64...@googlegroups.com>,
Beaver Fever <Beaver...@live.com> wrote:
>On Monday, March 8, 2021 at 3:38:57 PM UTC-8, gggg gggg wrote:
>> On Monday, March 8, 2021 at 3:12:47 PM UTC-8, wrote:
>> > If you have tried rechargable batteries, what brand
>do you recommend?
>> Best AA batteries:
>>

>https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbes-personal-shopper/2021/02/16/best-aa-batteries/?sh=3ea4a6707f3b
>
>Kirkland brand was always good for me

Equipment destroyed or damaged by leaking Kirkland batteries:
FRS radio
flashlight
flashlight
LED light
atomic clock
computer

That's just off the top of me head. Stopped using Kirkland batteries years ago. At least Duracell reportedly will compensate for damage caused by their batteries. Costco won't.

Beaver Fever

Mar 15, 2021, 3:12:16 PM3/15/21
Wow, I always thought they were rebranded name brand.

However I just use them in a high use portable recorder and they were switched out often.

The Real Bev

Mar 15, 2021, 3:27:42 PM3/15/21
On 03/15/2021 12:12 PM, Beaver Fever wrote:
> On Saturday, March 13, 2021 at 9:55:49 PM UTC-8, Fake ID wrote:
>> In article <c9b9e478-4f14-4c64...@googlegroups.com>,
>> Beaver Fever <Beaver...@live.com> wrote:
>> >do you recommend?
>> >>

>> >https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbes-personal-shopper/2021/02/16/best-aa-batteries/?sh=3ea4a6707f3b
>> >
>> >Kirkland brand was always good for me
>> Equipment destroyed or damaged by leaking Kirkland batteries:
>> FRS radio
>> flashlight
>> flashlight
>> LED light
>> atomic clock
>> computer
>>
>> That's just off the top of me head. Stopped using Kirkland batteries years ago. At least Duracell reportedly will compensate for damage caused by their batteries. Costco won't.
>
> Wow, I always thought they were rebranded name brand.
>
> However I just use them in a high use portable recorder and they were switched out often.

Both Kirkland and Duracell have leaked IN THE ORIGINAL PACKAGE.
Moreover, the Duracell Eneloop-analogs don't last any better than the
Duracell rechargeables.

I returned the Kirklands and Duracells (both bought at Costco) and
bought Energizer somewhere elselast time I needed batteries.

No visible damage so far, but it's been only a few months. I no longer
use the camera that used AA rechargeables. I feel bad about that, but
the phone is handier.

--
Cheers, Bev
"...so she told me it was either her or the ham radio, over."

Dennis

Mar 17, 2021, 12:10:57 PM3/17/21
I have had generally poor results with Kirkland batteries. They seem
to leak sooner than some other major brands.

I remember, as a kid, having many toys, flashlights, etc. ruined by
leaking batteries. Then there was a period (maybe late 80's-mid-90's)
when batteries seemed to improve and I experienced fewer problems with
leaking. Now since about the early 21st century, battery quality seems
to have fallen again and I'm seeing more leakage and damaged
equipment. Maybe due to more production in SE Asia?

Dennis (evil)
--
I'm a hands-on, footloose, knee-jerk head case. -George Carlin

The Real Bev

Apr 3, 2021, 8:25:34 PM4/3/21
I just read an article (don't bother) about the real makers of Kirkland
products. Yup, Duracell makes their batteries.

--
Cheers, Bev
Never try to extort more than it would cost to have you killed.