New Brunch Spot Hilda & Jesse Refuses to Serve Armed Police Officers

Wokster lynching party

Dec 10, 2021, 4:05:05 AM12/10/21
Over the weekend, Hilda and Jesse, a new all-day breakfast spot
in North Beach, refused to serve three members of the San
Francisco Police Department, as now reported by multiple media
outlets, and even Fox. The restaurant’s owners originally posted
on Instagram, saying that on Friday, December 3, they seated
three police officers in uniform, but that “our staff felt
uncomfortable with the presence of their multiple weapons,” and
that they “politely asked them to leave.” Chief of police
William Scott responded on Twitter, saying he encourages
officers to support local businesses and respects the wishes of
the restaurant, even though he found them “discouraging and
personally disappointing.”

The restaurant received a social media storm: As of publication
time, even though it only opened a little more than a month ago,
Hilda and Jesse has received nearly a thousand reviews on Yelp,
with a one-star rating average. The page is currently frozen due
to unusual activity. The owners subsequently apologized on
Instagram, saying “we made a mistake” and “handled this badly,”
and apologized to the SFPD. In an interview with ABC7, co-owner
Rachel Sillcocks said, “It’s not about the fact that we are anti
police. It’s about the fact that we do not allow weapons in our
restaurant. We were uncomfortable, and so we politely asked them
to leave. It has nothing to do with the fact that they were
officers, and everything to do with the fact that they were
carrying guns.” [ABC7, SF Chronicle, SFGate, SFist]

Burn this shithole down.

https://sf.eater.com/2021/12/6/22820885/new-brunch-spot-hilda-
jesse-refuses-to-serve-armed-police-officers

phiax

Dec 10, 2021, 7:15:28 AM12/10/21
Wl> police. It’s about the fact that we do not allow weapons in our
Wl> restaurant. We were uncomfortable, and so we politely asked them
Wl> to leave. It has nothing to do with the fact that they were
Wl> officers, and everything to do with the fact that they were
Wl> carrying guns.” [ABC7, SF Chronicle, SFGate, SFist]
Wl>
Wl> Burn this shithole down.

Who's the snowflake now?

I like how pro-freedom conservatives clutch their pearls if everyone is not
enthusiastically adoring cops in cities with patently "not nice cops" to the
point you think they want everywhere to be a police state (except for their
hometown).

I think it is dumb, since, let's face it, in the US, cops basically make the
laws as they go. They are probably in more physical danger with armed police
there than unarmed civilians (especially in SF, especially if anyone there is
black), but you are just going to make a fucking stink and the police are
going to ultimately do whatever they want to do.

Although the devil is in the details. San Francisco cops have had a bad track
record of using restaurants while on duty to profile, harass, and do cop work
in a private business, making those places less safe. They have been on
record harassing blacks and trans women who have been patrons to then shake
them down for drugs or harass them as potential sex workers. This is kind of
a think in SF. So frankly, I understand *why* but it's not going to make a
difference, because some dumb big boy cop is going put pressure on the city
to make sure they can't be excluded, regardless if they have automatic rifles
and riot gear.

As a conservative, I would imagine you don't like the idea of living in a
totalitarian police state where armed cops can come into private businesses,
when on duty, claim they are customers, and potentially harass whomever then
choose? Right?

So a no gun policy is a good idea, but it will never be enforcible. The cops
will spoil that liberty the moment they can.

Bob F

Dec 10, 2021, 3:48:45 PM12/10/21
They made a mistake, and apologized for it. Sounds like a good place.