"Free" space heater?

VFW

Oct 31, 2010, 4:29:08 PM10/31/10
In this week's "American Profile" is advertised a "Free" heater, but
hidden in the small print is a charge of $289. I thought I should call
to find out what's Free about that.
Seems, If they mislead about "Truthiness" can any of the claims be valid.
And do they put you on a "Sucker" list?
yes, I'm the one with the inquiring mind.
--
Karma, What a concept!

Jeff

Nov 1, 2010, 1:10:35 PM11/1/10
VFW <geor...@toast.net> wrote in news:georgeswk-3E9CEF.13290831102010
@news.toast.net:

I've seen similar ads.
Despite what they say about it heating a whole house, it is still just a
1500 watt space heater and won't produce more heat than any other. Any
big-box store will sell you 10 small heaters for that price.

Mrs Irish Mike

Nov 2, 2010, 1:36:06 AM11/2/10

The heater is free, it's just that first you have to buy the $300
cabinet made by proud Amish craftsmen, first. Notice this unit comes
with a moneyback several year guarantee. That means the cabinet is
warranteed and the heater itself was just something they threw in free.