Focus Groups

Cathie Leimbach

Jan 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/27/99
Adam Seaman asked:

- how do you record focus group ideas?
My experience has been to place a good quality tape recorder in the middle
of the focus group so that the whole discussion is recorded. Then replay
the tape later and make appropriate notes.

- how many people in a focus group?
8 to 12 gives a variety of ideas and yet is small enough that (most)
everyone can participate without feeling threatened by group size

- what about incentives such as dinner?
Professional focus group leaders whom I know all offer incentives - a thank
you for the participant's time.

Cathie Leimbach
Strive!
8888 Bank Rd., Vermilion, Ohio, USA 44089
voice: 440-967-9679 fax: 440-967-8963
email: cat...@strive.com web: www.strive.com

Specializing in Leadership Development: Governance, Strategic Planning,
Performance Management, & Group Dynamics