[v911t] Stuxnet virus found in japan in october

an...@mouse.com

Mar 26, 2011, 9:43:01 AM3/26/11
"According to the security company, the virus is designed to target
a German-made program often used in systems managing water, gas and
oil pipelines. The program is used at public utilities around the
world, including in Japan."

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/national/T101004003493.htm

The targetted machines are siemens industrial controllers, which are
apparently used in all kinds of industrial applications, including
nuclear power plants.

http://pennyforyourthoughts2.blogspot.com/2011/03/stuxnet-fukushima-connected-who-and-why.html

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
v911t-...@yahoogroups.com
v911t-ful...@yahoogroups.com

v911t-un...@yahoogroups.com

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

an...@mouse.com

Mar 26, 2011, 10:21:00 AM3/26/11
An Australian nuclear physicist says engineers have not given a
satisfactory answer as to why the cooling systems at two Japanese
power plants are failing. ...

"These reactors have so many levels of back-up that the loss of
primary power and then the loss of secondary power shouldn't have
been enough to compromise the most critical element of a reactor,
which is the cooling system.

"I think we're yet to learn all of the issues that are emerging or
that were triggered by the earthquake."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/03/14/3163293.htm?section=justin