!!New Militia Sentencings--Alabama Ftee Militia!! Upate 1

Joseph Pothier

Oct 4, 2007, 10:11:58 PM10/4/07

Good Evening Newsgroup Readers,

I reference my numerous previous posts in threads !!New Militia Bust--
Alabama Free Militia!!, !!New Militia Guilty Pleas-- Alabama Free
Militia!!, and !!New Militia Sentencings-- Alabama Free Militia!!.

I am delighted to post that the Birmingham News reports that Adam Lynn
Cunningham of the Alabama Free Militia [AKA Free Militia] were sentenced
to two and a half years in prison on weapons and explosive charges.
Other members of the militia who plead guilty are scheduled to be
sentenced later. The leader of the Alabama Free Militia, William James
Hudson, has been indicted and is awaiting trial.

++++++++++++

Val Walton, `Collinsville Man Gets 2.5 Years In Militia Conspiracy,`
Birmingham News [AL], 071004.

A Collinsville man this morning received a federal prison sentence of
two years and six months for his role in participating in a conspiracy
with a militia group to stockpile grenades.

U.S. District Judge U.W. Clemon handed down the sentence to Adam Lynn
Cunningham, 41, who was arrested in April 26 with four other men linked
to the Alabama Free Militia. The men were arrested following raids in
Etowah, DeKalb, Marshall and Jefferson counties in which hundreds of
grenades were found.

Cunningham's attorney, Greg Reid, urged leniency for his client. Reid
said Cunningham was not a leader or an organizer.

"He stands here today as a simple man, not a violent person," Reid said.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Mike Whisonant sought a prison sentence for
Cunningham, who acknowledged possessing an illegal shotgun and allowed
the militia's stash of grenades to be hidden in the woods behind his home.

"This is a very serious offense," Whisonant said.

The men have said they stockpiled the grenades for fear of another
terrorist attack. Cunningham became the third member to be sentenced.
Two other men, including Raymond K. Dillard, the self-described major of
the group, are to be sentenced later this month.