Gen. Partin on OKC / McAlvany

Michael Rivero

Jun 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/20/95

In article <803670149$26...@mail.starpath.com> rmpls...@aol.com (Rmplstlskn) writes:

>Comments made to Donald S. McAlvany, Editor of The McAlvany Intelligence
>Advisor (May/June 1995), by Brigadier General Benton K. Parton, USAF
>(Ret.) concerning the bombing of the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma
>City, OK.
>
>A RETIRED GENERAL'S OPINION OF HOW THE BOMBING WAS DONE

Read my .sig. 'nough said, methinks!

--
=========== T H E A N I M A T I O N P L A N T A T I O N ============
| Michael F. Rivero - riv...@netcom.com - 16 years in the business |
>>> A WAV file of the Oklahoma Water Board audio tape which records the <<<
>>> sounds of the April 19th bombing of the Oklahoma Federal Building <<<
>>> as broadcast over CNN is now in my ftp site at ftp.netcom.com in <<<
>>> /pub/ri/rivero/WATER_BOARD_TAPE. Note the "pop" 4.2 seconds prior <<<
>>> to the actual truck bomb sounds, and the way in which the speaker <<<
>>> and background voices on the tape respond to that first sound. <<<

Rmplstlskn

Jun 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/20/95

Comments made to Donald S. McAlvany, Editor of The McAlvany Intelligence
Advisor (May/June 1995), by Brigadier General Benton K. Parton, USAF
(Ret.) concerning the bombing of the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma
City, OK.

A RETIRED GENERAL'S OPINION OF HOW THE BOMBING WAS DONE

This writer recently had a lengthy discussions with retired Air Force
General Ben Partin regarding the mechanics of the Oklahoma City bombing.
Partin spent 25 years in research, design, development, testing and
management of weapons deployments. This included: hands-on work at the
Ballistic Research Laboratories; Commander of the Air Force Armament
Technology Laboratory; part of the Air Force Systems Command Air Staff and
Office of the Secretary of Defence (OSD); management responsibility for
almost every non- nuclear weapon device in the Air Force. General Partin
was also first chairman of the OSD Joint Service Air Munitions
Requirements and Developement Committee. In short, he has the technical
credentials to understand the bombing.

As general Partin communicated to this writer: "When I first saw the
picture of the truck bomb's asymmetrical damage to the Federal Building in
Oklahoma, my immediate reaction was that the pattern of damage would have
been technically impossible without supplementary demolition charges at
some of the reinforced concrete column bases (inside the building) - a
standard demolition technique.
"First, a blast through the air is a very inefficient energy coupling
mechanism against heavy reinforced concrete beams and columns. Second,
blast damage potential falls off more rapidly than an inverse function of
the distance cubed. That is why in conventional weapons development, one
seeks accuracy over yield for hard targets. Reinforced concrete targets in
large buildings are hard targets to blast.
"The entire building could have been collapsed with relatively small
charges against the base of the columns and even less explosives if linear
activity cutting charges had been used. I know of no way possible to
reproduce the apparent building damage without well-placed demolition
charges complementing the truck bomb damage."

General Partin went on to share a detailed, rather technical analysis
of the placement of the 33 building columns, where the internal bombs
would have had to have been placed on these columns to bring about the
destruction of the building, and why it would have been quite impossible
for the truck bomb alone to have caused the resultant destruction.
General Partin has submitted this analysis to 20 U.S. Senators and 34
Congressmen with the hope that it will help to bring about an
investigation of the bombing.

General Partin went on to say"The gross asymmetry in the Federal
Building damage pattern is ipso facto evidence that there was an inside
bomb effort and a truck bomb effort. They need not have known each other,
but it would have had to been coordinated at some level." [ED. NOTE: In
other words, there could have been two seperate teams.] "That coordination
could have been accomplished from almost any location in the world."
"Efforts of this magnitude and criticality are generally orchestrated
by an outside team sent in for this limited purpose. In such cases, the
usefulness of FBI infiltration of domestic organizations is totally
circumvented." [ED. NOTE: General Partin believes there is a strong
possibility of an East bloc special ops team having been used for the
operation.]

General Partin points out that the truck bomb at the World Trade
Center was contained and therefore should have created a much larger blast
and much greater damage than the truck bomb sitting in the open in front
of the Murrah Federal Building (if that was the only bomb in Oklahoma
City). But the damage was far greater in Oklahoma City.
General Partin's analysis agrees with about a dozen other analysis
this writer has heard or read from ex-military types who are demolitions
experts, who have had extensive and lengthy experience with explosives,
demolitions, etc. Vitually all of these experts agree that there had to
have been internal charges placed on the columns of the building. Partin
disagrees with the University of Oklahoma Geological Survey people who say
the explosions were 10 seconds apart. But he agrees with them and other
experts that there was an external truck bomb and an internal bomb or
bombs as well.

-=> Rmplstlskn <=-

Rmplstlskn

Jun 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/20/95