Additional Quantities in Aquamoto

Rudy Vandrie

Oct 25, 2018, 11:39:11 PM10/25/18
to mirone
HI Joaquim,
I sent you an email regarding this but here it is again in this forum....

I am wondering if there is any way you could slightly enhance Mirone (Aquamoto) to do the following:

Currently it reads the ANUGA sww file (NetCDF) to extract the default Elevation,  Stage & X, Y Momentum…..

At times users can create additional quantities to be stored such as friction, for depth varying roughness….

(or sediment ?)

And of course elevation can be time varying for erosion models….

Could you include a check when Aquamoto reads the NetCDF file to confirm how many quantities exist in the file & if the quantity is fixed or time Varying ?

And allow to select the quantity for visualisation….

Thank you

(Awesome tool...)

Joaquim Manuel Freire Luís

Oct 26, 2018, 8:59:37 AM10/26/18
to mir...@googlegroups.com

Hi Rudy,

Still using Aquamoto! Nice.

But I’ve not used Anuga files for a while, so I’ve not kept in pace with the new features.

Can you provide me a small .sww file with those extra quantities?

Joaquim

Rudy Vandrie

Oct 30, 2018, 6:09:25 AM10/30/18
to mir...@googlegroups.com
Ok Im not sure if you recall ... but in ANUGA you can nominate what is saved to the SWW file
The Default is simply (a single Elevation followed by times series for stage & x & y Momentum...
domain.set_quantities_to_be_stored({'elevation':1,'stage':2,'xmomentum':2,'ymomentum':2})
Changing elevation from 1 to 2 allows the elevation to be saved for every time step...

However you can also create new quantities such as friction & sediment... or any other... & nominate to save them
domain.set_quantities_to_be_stored({'elevation':1,'stage':2,'xmomentum':2,'ymomentum':2,'friction':2})

Attached is an example of Friction being save as time series
channel3.sww