Assistance with the project

Mandisa Fisokuhle Sithole

Nov 5, 2021, 2:35:45 AM11/5/21
to mirone
Hi everyone, I am doing a project on tsunami in South Africa. My subduction zones are Sumatra, Makran so I need to use Mirone but I don't understand how mirone works and where to get data. But I tried to follow a manual on tsunami simulation and I don't get the result. When I start swan I don't know which files to upload.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Joaquim Manuel Freire Luís

Nov 5, 2021, 7:42:09 AM11/5/21
to mir...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mandisa,

At the end of http://fct-gmt.ualg.pt/mirone/howtos.html you find two tutorials on how to do tsunami modeling.

BUT, and this is a very important but. The data to do the modeling, basically bathymetry grids, is up to the user to get. As you understand it’s not the software who has to provide that data.

Best regards

Joaquim Luis