inverse FFT

Sandra Silva

Oct 20, 2017, 6:33:12 AM10/20/17
to mirone
Dear Dr. Joaquim,

I recently start to work with Mirone for magnetic data processing purpose. I am trying to calculate an altitude filter, by doing some calculations between FFT of bathymetry and magnetic field data. At the end I wanted to convert my results/calculations, with an inverse FFT. Can I do an inverse FFT in Mirone?

Thanks in advanced
Regards
Sandra Silva

Joaquim Luis

Oct 20, 2017, 9:50:37 AM10/20/17
to mir...@googlegroups.com
Do you mean, having two grids: one with the real and the other with the imaginary parts and taking the iFFT?
No, I have no way to do this in Mirone. I though we had added that option to GMT but can't find it either.

Sandra Silva

Oct 20, 2017, 10:19:56 AM10/20/17
to mir...@googlegroups.com
I did an auto correlation between bathymetry and Magnetic Field grid data, and I believe that the result gives me an imaginary and a real data. Am I wrong?

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 2:50 PM, Joaquim Luis <jl...@ualg.pt> wrote:
Do you mean, having two grids: one with the real and the other with the imaginary parts and taking the iFFT?
No, I have no way to do this in Mirone. I though we had added that option to GMT but can't find it either.

Dear Dr. Joaquim,

I recently start to work with Mirone for magnetic data processing purpose. I am trying to calculate an altitude filter, by doing some calculations between FFT of bathymetry and magnetic field data. At the end I wanted to convert my results/calculations, with an inverse FFT. Can I do an inverse FFT in Mirone?

Thanks in advanced
Regards
Sandra Silva

Sandra Cristina Pacheco da Silva