Initial Wave height for tsunami Propagation

premal sheth

May 12, 2015, 3:11:10 AM5/12/15
to mir...@googlegroups.com
Hello Users,

I am beginner in Mirone and I am trying to setup tsunami propagation problem
Can we generate Initial wave height contour by earthquake in Mirone?
If yes then please tell me how to generate.

Thanks in Advance

Joaquim Luis

May 12, 2015, 7:06:19 AM5/12/15
to mir...@googlegroups.com, premal sheth
Hi,

Yes, you can easily (though "easily" depends a bit on how comfortable you are with this matter) set an initial deformation surface (NOT a "height contour") with the tools in "Seismology -> Elastic deformation -> Draw fault", or import  a fault trace, or import a slip model.
If you select the draw fault, after drawing it, right-click on the line and select the "Mansinha" option. Next, fill out the boxes and compute the deformation model.
Use this grid and the bathymetry grid, a by the way you should do the previous step on a figure with the bathymetry to ensure that the two grids are compatible, as in puts to the "Tsunami -> TINTOL" tool

Joaquim Luis

May 12, 2015, 8:58:12 AM5/12/15
to mir...@googlegroups.com, premal sheth
Please, use the mailing list

"
Thank you so much sir,
In Manual They wrote we can give exact fault location.

Can you please tell me how can i give exact fault location?
"

A fault file is a simple file in ASCII with the vertex of the line, one per file's line. e.g.

x1 y1
x2 y2

premal sheth

May 13, 2015, 7:25:07 AM5/13/15
to mir...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much i got it.
For tsunami propagation generated by fault deformation same file should I use or any other procedure please let me know.

Thanks

Joaquim Luis

May 13, 2015, 9:20:06 AM5/13/15
to mir...@googlegroups.com, premal sheth
To run the model the only mandatory files you need is the bathymetry and the initial surface (the deformation) grids. Please take care that those two grids must be EXACTLY compatible (same size, region, grid increments etc...). That is acomplished if you compute the deformation using as base the the bathymetry grid.

Meriem Amine

Mar 22, 2017, 9:29:07 PM3/22/17
to mirone
Hello,

Please, I would like to model a tsunami under MATLAB and MIRONE and in which I could have maps showing the levels of damage and flood zones for any city, taking as a reference the case of the Tsunami from 1755 to Lisbon. I need the code (program) that I can get on MATLAB to run this. Could you please help me in that direction?

Thank you for your help